Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake District Skiing this W/E ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
mmm, not sure they have updated the webcam picture at 4.30 this afternoon and it still looks a bit marginal. However the forecast seems to have dropped the predictions of a rapid thaw and the snow looks to be moving further east so it may be ok for tommorow?!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stopped snowing here at about 1pm, put about 2-3 inches down in place's. Should have drifted quite well at Yad Moss, between the fences. Now starting to freeze, could be fun driving tomorrow Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looking at the latest forecasts looks like the weather is going to be cold for the coming week, so I'm beginning to feel a long weekend coming on.Maybe I'll visit Yad and Raise. My wife is keen to go to Yad as shes not been before and she likes the idea of the 5 min walk.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was up at YM today but just inspecting the conditions. Unfortunately we have been really unlucky this year and missed every major fall of snow, inlcuding this one !

There is snow, but its dissapointingly marginal and will require quite a lot of moving about. Even then there will be bare areas of frozen grass. The situation is being reassessed daily and the answer phone will be revised tomorrow from 8am after the webcam pic.

I anticpate that by tomorrow there should be some fairly decent drifts and with more showers expected through the week the chance of skiing from Wednesday onwards is good.

Over at Raise the Glenridding webcam is showing snow down to Lake level and with the southerly wind the prospects are very good indeed, once the wind calms down. The black run 'Eau Noir', above the hut could well be complete if the snow has been drifting on a southerly wind.

It may also be filling in 'Helvellyn Direct' Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
According to the snow line Raise will be open tommorow and they are talking about 20cm of fresh snow with 60cm in drifts! Peter S are you going up tommorow and are you going to take any pictures? I plan to get up friday, but it would be nice to see what I'm missing!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm at work and carn't escape this week but Raise sounds quite good. it has retained its base from 3 weeks ago and picked up some more fresh over the last couple of days. Apparently the steep run behind the hut is open 'Eau Noir' and Savages gulley is complete but the south easterly wind has scoured the Presidents.

Yad Moss should be operational tomorrow so hope to go there instead on Saturday.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Superb Alpine conditions yesterday at Raise, plenty of sun and no wind.

The tow is not going to run today but will be reassessed tonight for possible operation on Friday and the weekend.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There was skiing on Sunday but the tow line is now well and truly broken.

However there is still a substantial amount of snow remaining so it should only need a drop in temperature and a further light fall snow fall, which is easily possibly in the next two weeks or so, to get things going again.

All is not lost, hopefully justa temporary suspension of activity snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter S, any change in conditions up Raise since your last post ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skir67 - Yes, lots of snow has melted.

However the forecast today is for blowing snow above 800m, but I would think it unlikely we'll get skiing from the current set up.

Scotland on the otherhand........ snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The tow ran today and is expected to run again tomorrow.

The new snow came through on Friday night and the cover is reported to be about 3 inches with drifting between the fences down to Pylon 3. Not sure whether there is much in the way of old snow remaining or not.

Forecast is for a frost and a bright dry start in the morning. Heavy snow showers are forecast to arrive from about 4pm.Winds light becoming Fresh on high ground

http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/weatherline/home/index.php

Hope to be there early tommorrow !

Great reports coming in from the Scottish West Coast Ski Centres today after a big dump yesterday Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good day on Raise today, nice snow and lots of sunshine. Laughing Laughing

Full report and pics here;

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,136
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy