Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Likelihood of roof rack availability in Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if I'm likely to be able to get a ski rack at Innsbruck Megadrive during half-term week? I called them, they said you cannot book them in advance, and just to ask when we arrive.

My concern is that we arrive on the Thursday in the middle of half term week, so I don't know whether they are likely to have given them all out at the weekend before.

We need to transport 4 pairs of skis etc 6kms from Scheffau to Ellmau due to having our hotel reservation moved. I'm imaging having to stick the skis out of the rear window if we can't get a rack!

Or am I just better off cancelling and rebooking the ski hire rolling eyes

Cheers
Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TopGooner,
another option is this
https://www.handiworld.com/handirack-217.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0vbCvqHI2AIVCLftCh0pjQ-TEAQYASABEgKuffD_BwE
Inflatable roof rack - £65.

I've got one and it takes 4 pairs of skis comfortably.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used one of those inflatable roof rack before (but not to carry skis) they work well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the response. Looks interesting. Do you lie the skis flat, and if so, is there enough clearance around the bindings? How to you strap them on?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pretty good info on the web site
but
a) yes - there are eyes that provide four "slots" for 4 pairs of skis.
b) yes - you place the skis side by side - so only needs clearance for brakes
c) with the straps provided (open the doors, pass them inside the car, out the other door) and yes the doors shut properly!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy