Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One ski quiver

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you want to ski the whole season in the PdS you need rockhoppers; which for me are any free ones.
I have a friend who works for a hire business and lets me choose from 3 or 4 pairs of 2 year-old skis at the end of the season, before the sells them off.
Last season I had Atomic Radon, this season I some Rossi Z6. My decision is normally based around which ones have the best bases, rather than stiffness, side-cut or width.
When there's decent snow I prefer to snowboard.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tangowaggon wrote:
It was going so well!!!!

http://youtube.com/v/1XvaYNLmBcE@PaulC1984,

That could not have gone any better Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999, I'd have loved a Dab or snow angel to finish it off 😂😂
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PaulC1984, u’d probably have found it funnier if he landed straight on top of the cameraman 😂😂 funny thing was I skied away after the laughter, then stopped and enquired if he was ok 🙈
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Matrski, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
uktrailmonster wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:

As all out piste skis I have an array of Heads (SL's, I Speeds, Titans). I'd bought the Kastles as an off piste ski that'll cope on piste when needed, but I just can't put them down now. They ski incredibly similar to the Titans (Kastle do the Stiff HP version which I have) but have the added bonus of being able to go off with them. I'm certainly a convert to a 95 underfoot on piste - never thought I'd say that!

I've had similar experience with the latest crop of 95-100 mm AM skis. After skiing Volkl 90Eights almost exclusively for the last season I'm about to sell my dedicated piste carvers (Movement Le Fer). I did a back-to-back test at the start of the season on firm (but not too icy) pistes and much preferred the wider skis. Sure they are a little slower edge to edge, but quick enough and super smooth at all speeds. Of course much better in anything ungroomed too. I'm sure your FX95 HPs are fantastic too. It's just the sort of ski I would go for these days. I've already got my eye on the Mantra M5 for next season.

I have a pair of Mantras and have shortly tried the Mantra M5 one month ago. The ski is quite different from previous versions. It had gained manoeuvrability but lost its long turn carving ability that I loved so much. I will test this ski again along with the Proskilab team in a few weeks. Will leave a post on this forum.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@proskilab, yeah slightly softer underfoot? Doesn’t appeal...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tangowaggon,

Laughing

Reminds me of ......

http://youtube.com/v/YmpZcd0AMBM
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've settled on Whitedot R.98 as my on ski quiver. I bought them for touring but they handle pistes, even icy pistes almost as well as my Whitedot Ones and powder almost as well as my Preachers, so I'm selling the Ones and Preachers. Although the 98s have quite a long radius they seem to turn quite quickly on piste, especially if you bend them a bit and use the tips to initiate a turn. Also wide enough to float in the soft stuff. It is a lot less hassle only travelling with one pair
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've brought all 3 pairs of skis that I own to the gnarlibug bash.

<10yr old Head XRC1100s 67mm/14m radius. Still an excellent piste and bump ski, little or no chatter on harder pistes. but hard work on heavy offpiste.

Head iRally 76mm / 13.6m radius. Far better than the 1100s offpiste, just as good in the bumps but really chatter when trying to get an edge in on steeper, hard piste.

Head Venturi 95mm (bindings now moved back 55mm to recommended position) / 16m radius . Obviously more float offpiste, not so easy to turn quickly offpiste or in bumps but awesome carvers!!!! However they chatter like the iRallys when pushed hard on steep pistes, probably the closest I'll get to a one ski quiver.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tangowaggon, I am also tight fisted peasant. My problem is that sometimes I find it very difficult to hire decent skis - eg in Alpe d’Huez right now - and I find that what’s on my feet makes a huge difference to my enjoyment. I get 1 or 2 weeks a year and I can never work out whether I should buy or continue hiring, especially now so many airlines charge a fortune for ski carriage.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tangowaggon wrote:
Having skied for 32 years on whatever planks I ended up buying, the past year or so, I have looked more closely at what each design of ski does and I'm coming to the conclusion that anyone that believes in a one ski quiver;
Never goes on piste or,
Never goes off piste or,
Is easily satisfied or,
Is a fantastic skier or,
Needs to get some lessons or
Is a tight fisted peasant like me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Agreed but you can compromise on the performance and get reasonable performance across all conditions.
Daughter is also a light skier some Head Kore are doing everyone for her, much better that the Salomon 1080s "hand me downs" that she had used for last 6 full seasons ! The Solomons were tricky in the knee deep light power of Revelstoke which finally made her splash the cash, also no metal left on the edges so not much use in ice but still manage to get down anything Whistler can throw at her.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jake43, the Kore93 is essentially the replacement for my Venturi 95s, I didnt like the kore 93s when I tried them at the oktobertest but I think that day at the indoor slope threw a few red herrings into the mix and the only way is to try a ski on the mountain.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tangowaggon wrote:
@Jake43, the Kore93 is essentially the replacement for my Venturi 95s, I didnt like the kore 93s when I tried them at the oktobertest but I think that day at the indoor slope threw a few red herrings into the mix and the only way is to try a ski on the mountain.

Worth trying if you can find a demo somewhere, she loves them. But then she is taking a huge jump from a Soloman 1080 that are very old. Each to their own. She likes the weight of them as she can ski bumps, trees, deep and they work well on the piste she gets over in Whistler
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy