Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One ski quiver

Poster: A snowHead
DPS Lotus 124 Alchemist - i’ve found mine! Just so much fun in the wind blown powder today, easy to throw around in the chop, carves a nice turn on a blue run, so light for a big ski but loads of energy and fun. Unless ice is your gig these are worth a try.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
got a pic?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BobinCH wrote:
Unless ice is your gig these are worth a try.

I'm not being picky but I think this is kinda what stops people finding a true single ski quiver. Whilst I have a single pair of skis for almost every scenario (being Whitedot Preachers), I know that when we get that kind of surface they do just get a little bit too scary and I have to get my all-metal carvers out... skis that I otherwise don't feel too much love for!

Sucks but a very icey piste can really ruin your day and I for those of us who do trips by the week and don't have the luxury of staying for the season, you have to ski the conditions you're dealt... and if you're dealt a week of slippery concrete then that's just what you're gonna have to ski!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
got a pic?

Here you go

And here’s the Blister review
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2017-2018-dps-lotus-alchemist-124-spoon
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And this was yesterday in a few cm of wind blown powder

http://youtube.com/v/Cx16BWHEVaM
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dp, wouldn’t try sticking them on their edges on ice but (albeit with new edges) they were fine navigating the rained on home run last week. Different league to my old reverse camber Volkl Shiros
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, yep that's what I mean. We all need a ski that you can use on edge in the ice because if those are the conditions you're given then you have to ski them!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, nice skiing Happy

You had better vis than we did...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What they like in the trees?

I finally took my Wailer RPC 2.0 out this year 191cm and 115mm and they were also great. Could easily ski them as 1 ski quiver. Can carve them as well ( but wouldn't want to all day!!).

A one ski decision will always have a bias/weakness - if its blue ice all day all week then there are always carvers to hire and no rush to do so but there are never fatties to hire on a powder day or the time to do it!! !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mishmash wrote:

A one ski decision will always have a bias/weakness - if its blue ice all day all week then there are always carvers to hire and no rush to do so but there are never fatties to hire on a powder day or the time to do it!! !

I was thinking this earlier. On another thread somebody was suggesting just taking one pair of carvers and hiring fatties if it snows. My inclination is as per yours - the opposite. Nobody's really fussed about getting first lift when it's just ice and sugar!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

What they like in the trees?

This being Verbier, what are they like in thigh high moguls?

Nice skiing, though. Looks awesome. Every time I think about that line under the MF cable car, I think about accidentally crushing my balls while climbing over the railings to access it. Some things stay with you.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mishmash,
strikes me that you aren't the person to ask about one-ski quivers though Laughing
More of a problem with deciding which pair to take out than hunting hire shops
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, Hopefully I’ll be doing similar skiing on my Powderworks 124’s in a couple of weeks Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mishmash, trees were awful 😉

http://youtube.com/v/YvuruzBByJg
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, bit too much Bruce Forsyth going on there for my taste.
snow report
BobinCH wrote:

Who needs Japan eh!
snow report
@gorilla, there’s so much snow up high you could literally raise your ski 10cm and step over the railing! No one dared put a track into Backside. It looked fully loaded...
latest report
BobinCH wrote:

Not. Jealous. At. All. Shocked
snow report
jedster wrote:
@mishmash,
strikes me that you aren't the person to ask about one-ski quivers though Laughing
More of a problem with deciding which pair to take out than hunting hire shops

Even I have to travel to the odd away match !
Have got the short list to 4 sets , likely to travel with 3 .... waist width : 96 , 107,109, 115...... thank goodness for light skis, quiver killers, coffin bags and Swiss airline ski carriage Very Happy
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:

Not. Jealous. At. All. Shocked
ski holidays
@BobinCH, surprises me. Surprised also that there have not been more problems this season given the excess of snow. Enjoy the conditions.
ski holidays
So that didn’t last long then....

They were just too narrow and short for this season. Powderaddict help me fix the situation. They are weird but super fun
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2013-2014-dps-spoon

http://youtube.com/v/OVSPiCu83lk
snow report
@BobinCH, but how are they on red runs?
latest report
gorilla wrote:

No idea and no plans to find out 😉
ski holidays
@BobinCH, Top work that man Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
gorilla wrote:

No idea and no plans to find out 😉

They do actually carve after a fashion, but you need excellent piste conditions, and really have to commit. Their natural enemies are ice and moguls Shocked
snow conditions
Confirmed! I now have the perfect Verbier 2 ski quiver...

http://youtube.com/v/G5eKIs5HlnE
snow conditions
It’s a hard life, but someone has to do it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mine have been enjoying themselves at Saas-Fee.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I see you DPS and raise you the FX95HP. Oh my.

So I bought them having only skied in a snowdome, but got to use them in relative anger a few times this week in Cervinia. On piste WOW 18m radius and carve a dream, so easy to ski if your happy to push them, a lot easier than some reviews would suggest. Off piste in trees, steeps, knee deep, just spot on.

At 95 UF don't know how they will be in true powder or for the heavier skier, but at 70kg they are bang on for me. Spank the pants off Whitedot's for me (having had the preachers and r108s)
snow report
@PaulC1984, I bought the Venturi 95s you gave me the heads up on and used them on Saturday here in Austria. Definitely the best wide ski that I have used on piste but still well short of the iRallys, the offpiste is really heavy or crusty so not had a chance to really see how the go in the deep.
The Venturis have been in the ski room ever since,
ski holidays
tangowaggon wrote:
@PaulC1984, I bought the Venturi 95s you gave me the heads up on and used them on Saturday here in Austria. Definitely the best wide ski that I have used on piste but still well short of the iRallys, the offpiste is really heavy or crusty so not had a chance to really see how the go in the deep.
The Venturis have been in the ski room ever since,

My piste skis are 63mm and 70mm under foot and the bindings are mounted on a riser plate. My Scott The Ski is 92mm under foot, with no plate.

Whereas I enjoy the Scotts on Piste, for my taste, they are not a patch on the other two. It's like going from a Lotus Elise (especially the Slalom skis), to a Volvo Estate. Off Piste and crud is a different story.
latest report
@Old Fartbag, indeed. I have head sl's, I speeds and titans for on piste, all with plates obviously and ski as such. Titans until I started using my fx95hps by far the best in crud.

@tangowaggon, shame about the conditions, put then on and Rule 5 Happy
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, indeed. I have head sl's, I speeds and titans for on piste, all with plates obviously and ski as such. Titans until I started using my fx95hps by far the best in crud.

I like your taste in skis. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag, there's nothing better than having a bit of Head in your life Happy
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:

@tangowaggon, shame about the conditions, put then on and Rule 5 Happy

These 52 yr old legs have been skiing bumps with the knob heads all day, the 95s are staying in the locker!
ski holidays
@tangowaggon, hahaha

In fairness, ye olde ginger skill off piste / in them there bumps with those Rallys is pretty darn impressive to say the least Happy
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, I've absolutely loved the Rallys today, thanks for recommending them when I bought them, unbelievably quick from edge to edge through the bumps and I've had them almost perpendicular to the snow carving the less bumpy runs.
snow report
@tangowaggon, cracking skis the Rallys - I need them to complete the set 😂😂😂
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
@tangowaggon, cracking skis the Rallys - I need them to complete the set 😂😂😂

I suppose there is no such thing as too much Head in your life...but that's just rubbing it in (so to speak). Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Having skied for 32 years on whatever planks I ended up buying, the past year or so, I have looked more closely at what each design of ski does and I'm coming to the conclusion that anyone that believes in a one ski quiver;
Never goes on piste or,
Never goes off piste or,
Is easily satisfied or,
Is a fantastic skier or,
Needs to get some lessons or
Is a tight fisted peasant like me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 30-01-18 22:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy