Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superb weather maps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/ani/gfs/

Click on the link, pick the maps you would like to see from the drop down menus. I would suggest 1 on the left and 1 on the right. Wait for them to load and then hover your mouse over the time period you are interested in on the left hand side. By slowly moving the mouse down the list you can almost get a movie effect.

PS Niederschlag is rain (I think)
The date on the top left is the issue time and on the right is the forecast time. Have a play
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wonderful maps Frosty, thanks. My german speaking GF tells me Niederschlag means precipitation.
Hope it's all of the frozen kind...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman,

Wonderful - the Alps are to be engulfed in wave after wave of Niederschlag over the next few days. Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Similar animations (based on same forecast data) can be found here, on an English language website.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That big blue squodge approaching Ireland on the site Rob linked to is apparently the same storm that dumped record snowfall on New York. Forecast to be only heavy rain and high winds in UK and Ireland but at altitude in the Alpes ????? Could be the major top-up many resorts are hoping for. Unless the winds scalp the higher runs ......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Excellent site - that's another one for my weather collection!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the temperatures look a bit warm - it's certainly snowing heavily at 1600 metres, according to the Les Saisies website (I am actually in Hampshire at the moment) but it looks as though there could be Niederschlag falling in liquid form on lower altitudes over the next day or so.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy