Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody give views please, enough snow?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we went 2 years ago there was more than enough snow .
We were lucky and experienced every condition going in 3 days .
Day 1 good up high but getting heavy/icy on the lower slopes in the afternoon
Day 2 Heavy snow over night powderer skiing everywhere
Day 3 Very cold ,perfectly clear skies and due to the heavy snow the previous day perfect groomed slopes everywhere

The only places it got a bit patchy was at village level at Samoens and Morillion but that was before the big dump of snow ,anything above 1000m was fine.
I would definitely go there again in Easter ,good snow and no lift queues
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sun n slush in the afternoon - lovely Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just be watchful of the closure day. We were over there at Easter 2010 and didn't realise they went into limited opening mode so when we were driving down to the Front de Neige on the last day getting excited because there was hardly anyone on the slopes it was because they only had about two lifts running from then!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you @wasley @carled as new skiers @alq not too bothered about slush in the afternoon. Have to go at Easter due to budget and schools.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It was brown when we were there in early April. A week later they had a MASSIVE dump of snow and they opened loads back up again to deal with the crowds! Even if the snow is poor (it won't be this year, there's loads for them to manage the base for months) there is loads to go at and there's a nice long baby slope right down the front of the main resort. It's not pretty but it's convenient.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back , it has snowed 3.5 m at the top so far (consolidated to around 2.5 m base). recent massive rain has also helped pack the base below c 2000m as well. That base combined with lots of investment in snow making (new lake on Grands Van lift for the Flaine bowl, new snow cannons all over the place - probably in conjuction with Club Med Samoens) means that the outlook for (early-ish) Easter has probably not looked better at this time of the season for a decade, in my humble opinion. as Arnie said... I ll be back!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@louiscrow, have you considered joining us at SFaB? Second week of Easter school hols and at Val Thorens so very snow sure.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134004&highlight=
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easter is comparatively early this year. I'd take a punt on Flaine if the price is right.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flaine has a fairly good snow record and good snowguns and is usually skiable top to bottom from mid-Dec to mid-Apr.

You should be fine.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have been to the Grand Massif 4 times at Easter in recent years and Flaine has always had masses of snow. The view of Mont Blanc from the top of Flaine is amazing. I prefer Les Carroz as a base and the runs in LC/Morillon but if you want to be snow sure it is probably best to go for Flaine.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thread bookmarked...

Despite me just returning from Andorra as it's relatively inexpensive and definitely high on my list of places to go back to, Flaine seems to be a good value self catering option for Easter so I'm definitely keen to see how the season progresses.

How's the ski school, especially for little ones? It's been over 10 years since I had an ESF lesson... if they're anywhere near as good as the Vallnord instructors I'll be happy. Heard mixed reports about French instructors with UK kids, especially regarding language issues.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 12-01-18 16:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were in Flaine 18-25 March last year. Sunny and very warm so slushy after lunch. Withkids much better than it being cold/snowy/windy. It was getting a bit thin at resort level and the Ski in/out was tough

We opted for convenince of the Ski school that met outside the accomodation (Terrasses d'Helios) so used ESF for my 7 year old son.

As we were out of season they didn't have enough to make classes for all the abilities, so they were not running his 2 star class. They started him in the 3 star class when we left in the morning, but he came back having been bumped down to the 1 star class and not using poles. So we picked up a very unhappy boy very low on confidence.

However, the instructors were good in expalining that it was more to do with the flat sections where he was lagging behind and that made it difficult to manage the class. They also had some doubts over his ability, which we knew was complete rubbish.

So after a hearty lunch and motivational speach we booking him a 1:1 lesson, which had the desired effect of getting him back on track and the instructor had a word with the office and said he would easily get his 2 star by the end of the week so should not be in the 1 star class.

All turned out good in the end and boys being boys he probably needed to have better kids in the group to keep him motivated and more focused.

I guess there will always be a risk with group lessons that they you end up with mixed abilities/attitudes and in this instance the instructors and the office were very accomodating and friendly in how we resolved the issues.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy