Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skeleton, Shelley Rudman

Poster: A snowHead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/4713522.stm

I have one word: FOX

That is all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well it takes all sorts! Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funded to get out to the Olympics by her village, apparently. Fantastic stuff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
magriggs wrote:

Why is she one of the hunting set ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent work from Shelley - she goes into 1st place after her second run. GB's first medal today?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
YES! At least a Bronze Smile Only two more sliders to come. Fingers crossed for something more lustrous than bronze Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
YES! YES!! Silver at least Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Outstanding work from Shelley Rudman. Silver - much better than she expected, maybe better than she even hoped for. A brilliant result for her and for Team GB Smile Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk, Remember ... we've seen your 'commentary' before but at least this time you can count .. YES ! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
eEvans wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Remember ... we've seen your 'commentary' before but at least this time you can count .. YES ! Laughing

Laughing I just get excited...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk, Me Too... wonderful result . Watched it a few times , she looked really focused. Shame about Turn 18 , but superb....

Many Congratulations to her ...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To come from 4th to 2nd on the second run was pretty good I thought, and you're right she did seem very focused. Hopefully no more jokes about Tea Trays, etc. Hopefully a bit more support for her in the future as well. Her skeleton-bob (which cast more than three grand) was paid for by her local village raising funds. Surely that can't be right...?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only took up this discipline about 4 years ago and had her sled funded by the village. Apparently was only going to be experience for the next Winter olympics and she won a silver!!! Well done to her and all those that put their hands in the pockets to support her.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Inspirational... top girl..where are the posters..? Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
magriggs wrote:

That is all.

I never laid a finger on her. You can't prove a thing! Wink
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Not even a virtual finger? wink
snow report
OH, what a fox. And she won silver. Even foxier now. Apparently she's got a boyfriend Sad Maybe she'd like a new boyfriend with a fast car Smile Very Happy
ski holidays
Perhaps that she has now won a Silver Olympic medal, Shelley Rudman can now rolling eyes get the necessary support funding from the relevant national sports bodies?
latest report
Fantastic effort, what a display and all on a shoe string.
ski holidays
Outstanding! The result was pretty good too!
ski holidays
Loved the interview - sounded like she'd won a competition on Radio 1 - great contrast to the usual media-trained professional sports(wo)man...
latest report
With many, many apologies to magriggs, and more importantly to Shelley Rudman but did anyone else think ' Alice... Vicar of Dibley' . I will of course accept I lost the plot many moons ago Toofy Grin
latest report
I am mystified how somebody from the rolling plains of Southern England can score so marvellously against the best in the world at winter sports. Where on earth does she train?

I don't think Pewsey has a refrigerated bob sleigh run? It also sends a message to us flat-landers that if you live in a snow free zone you can still excel at winter sports, given self focus, determination, and possibly sponsorship even from the community that you live in. I think that there is a really cool message here, that gold medals need not necessarily be the sole province of the so called Alpine nations.

If I won the lottery I would certainly sponsor winter sports in the UK, wouldn't you??
latest report
DAVID SNELL, tea tray on rollerblade wheels towed behind a car for practice, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

great result though
snow conditions
I am seriously impressed with that. It just shows what you can do with determination and friends supporting you.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
Perhaps that she has now won a Silver Olympic medal, Shelley Rudman can now rolling eyes get the necessary support funding from the relevant national sports bodies?

Not to detract from a fantastic result but why should the government now invest massively in skeleton and luge. Are we going to select kids with the right build at a young age and form them into the athletes we require.

As for the funding story, yeah 3 grand is a lot for a piece of equipment but not alot for living the dream, yeah she is representing GB but its not like shes being forced to do it, she does it out of choice

Good result
latest report
kruked wrote:
but why should the government now invest massively in skeleton and luge.

I'm not arguing for every town in Britain to have it's own artifical bobsleigh track, but I think that there should be enough money available to whatever governing body manages luge and skeleton that they can afford to provide athletes competing at an international level with the equipment they require. Having to fund athletes at this level with the proceeds of jumble sales is, quite frankly, embarrassing to the country as a whole.
snow conditions
More pictures of her in the newspapers this morning. She's scrummy. Mmmmmm. Nomnomonmnom.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
in view of the comments about her appearance (would the same be said of a male competitor...?) I have to point out that she is far more attractive after the event than in the pre-event photos featured in the BBC article. The reason is that she is joyously happy after the event. Proof, if ever it was needed, that the attitude of a person contributes greatly to their outward beauty.

Did anyone else notice how the third placed Canadian could have been her long lost twin sister?
latest report
super effort, lovely girl, great story. Well done!
snow conditions
I read somewhere that she did not get funding becasue she was disqualified from a world championship event. However, I cannot locate the source now, do not know if she had funding but lost it, would have got it if she had not been disqualified or whether it was the nature of the disqualification that meant she did not get/lost her funding.
snow conditions
I also read that in Metro this morning but do not know any more. It is easy for us to say after a success that public money should have been spent to help the athletes on their way, but the flip-side of that is spending money on athletes that have no hope of anything. A certain amount of the funding will always go in directions that do not produce results and if she was disqualified before, maybe that was a good reason at the time to not provide further funding. Good on her for not giving up on her dream though.

After the summer Olympics I remember Michael Johnson berating our unsuccessful track and field athletes for having the attitude that once they have made Team GB they had "made it" and that they would take the funding and not push themselves towards top level. On that basis, I can see that a bottomless pit of sports funding is counterproductive. The difficulty is making the right calls about who deserves it and who does not.
snow conditions
apparently her boyfirend is the male skeleton rider 'Dr. Ice' - Bromley and they have (according to 5 live sports news) 'the same scientific approach to skeleton' whatever that is.
ski holidays
Tony Lane, yep - for a while there I was wondering who was who.

I was also wondering why she looked so familiar (and I'm with magriggs on this one Wink ), then twigged. She's pretty much also a dead ringer for Natalie Clein, the cellist who won Young Musician of the Year in 1994, and who is now making an international name for herself as a soloist and chamber musician, and can be seen frequently in the audience in London concerts. She doesn't half pull some strange faces when she's playing though!
snow conditions
magriggs wrote:

My one word was ‘gyppo ?’. The picture and article would suggest that. London chauvinism reinforces it. Anywhere west of Heathrow is ‘pikey heaven‘. I may have thought ‘Rudman ? jewess ?’ but remember she is from Wiltshire - not Ilford.

Anyway warmest congratulations to the woman. Her palms have now been crossed with silver. No lucky heather required.

Medal winning prospects would be improved if you concentrate on sports that not many people participate in or concentrate on the ice rink stuff where facilities could be as good as anywhere, as it is not weather dependent.
snow conditions
Nick Zotov wrote:
Bribed to get out by her village, apparently.

I rest my case Smile
ski holidays
Latchigo, what are you talking about?? Confused
snow report
I also understand she is sharing a room with Chemmy in the Olympic village - don't think about that for too long magriggs or you might go blind wink
ski holidays
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
snow report
I have just seen Latchigo's message above. It is not what I wrote here.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy