Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Small-ish (with modern lifts!) within an hour or so of Salzburg Airport?

Poster: A snowHead
@carled, in Flachau fun pro or Herman Maier...not sport am jet. Personally if the lesson is in Flachau i would just stay there for the day
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Strewth the group snowboard lessons in Flachau/Zauchensee/Altenmarkt are a LOT more expensive than Skiwelt - I'll give my mate a small victory for that one! 3 days, 2 hours a day in Ellmau was €95 with an online booking discount - it's €160 over in this area - extra half hour each day though but still... may be worth getting a one day private lesson for her instead! She's done 3 days morning lessons before a few years ago, but has the basics so I'm toying with the idea of just taking her out with us instead now! Can spend the money I save on Jaegerbombs to numb the pain wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@carled, Remember there is no link to FW from Flachau. You would need to get a bus to Kleinarl to ski over there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@carled, from Flachau you can ski all the way over to St Johann (pongau). That is a lot of skiing you wont get bored. If I was you I would base myself in Flachau and speak to Rupert Pichler from Fun and Pro, they also rent equipment so I am sure they will do you a good deal.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey @carled, I only teach through the school (and don't do snowboard) so I'm useless I'm afraid!

I'm very interested on the skiwelt lesson prices, do you have a link? That seems far too cheap for multi day lessons, It seems more like a 2 hour price!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@flangesax, sorry my mistake, I recommended you to him. What about Nigel? Is he freelance or also tied in with a svhool?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't help with resorts and snowboard lessons in Austria but hello @carled. Could you just pop over to the weather thread and tell me what the snow's gonna be like for Easter in Avoriaz? Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pam w, Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax wrote:
Hey @carled, I only teach through the school (and don't do snowboard) so I'm useless I'm afraid!

I'm very interested on the skiwelt lesson prices, do you have a link? That seems far too cheap for multi day lessons, It seems more like a 2 hour price!

Sure thing. Right here: https://ski-set.com/skischule. Stick in 22nd-24th Jan and see "Erwachsene 2 Stunden Snowboardkurs EURO 97,75 Preis für 3 Tag(e). Statt € 115,00." come up! Gear rental cheap too. Sorry, I was obviously exaggerating with "€95" wink

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 8-01-18 9:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Can't help with resorts and snowboard lessons in Austria but hello @carled. Could you just pop over to the weather thread and tell me what the snow's gonna be like for Easter in Avoriaz? Twisted Evil

Sure Pam. I'll do it here to save time. 4.57756cm of snow will fall between 9:13am and 12:17pm on Easter Sunday. There will then be a localised flood caused by someone's hot tub cracking and the steam this creates will cause explosive cyclogenesis for the next 48 hours leading to 1.3m of fresh mangos to 800m. Glad to be of service wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
P.S. Hunt is over for this year - we are descending upon Kooky's place in Altenmarkt for our short break. We're going to attempt to do this with public transport, so fingers crossed for the efficiency of Oebb to shine.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@carled, I use ÖBB every day so shout if you need advice. I also live about 3 mins walk from Kooky's place...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia wrote:
@carled, I use ÖBB every day so shout if you need advice. I also live about 3 mins walk from Kooky's place...

Ooh. Can we come for breakfast every day? wink

2 main questions I'm going to ask the helpline if you don't already know are:
1. If our flight is delayed, can we use our prebooked tickets from, say, the 1pm train on the 2pm train without being thrown in jail for three weeks and
2. We're aware that occasionally parts of the trip involve using standard Postbus type vehicles. Are they going to get alarmed if we try and get on said bus with snowboard bags/luggage or is this all totally expected behaviour from idiot Englischers?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@carled, how's Mrs Carled keeping? Just askin'. You maybe don't remember why. wink

Have a good holiday! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dude chill! You are on holiday , believe me there isn't much that the Austrians haven't seen from the tourists😂and as far as I know your ticket is valid just if you use the trams remember to stamp your ticket in the machine when you board. The post bus is free with your ski pass. See you next week!
ski holidays
@carled, no problem with train tickets as Kooky says and the Postbus drivers will have seen it all before many times. The really nice ones might even help you with your luggage!

As for breakfast, the Freiraum cafe on the corner of the main street and Sportplatzstraße is a nice place for a morning treat!
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@carled, how's Mrs Carled keeping? Just askin'. You maybe don't remember why. wink

Have a good holiday! Toofy Grin

It's not that threesome thing with er... Fruity, was it, back in the day? I just had a quick rummage through the post archive and that sort of leaped out Shock
snow report
@carled, no, just my Leap Year marriage proposal. Which you very charmingly turned down, on the grounds that Mrs Carled might have something to say on the subject.
latest report
Laughing this is just like old times. Thanks for the forecast, @carled. That'll do for now. A bit nearer the time I'll check for a bit more detail.

Have a wonderful holiday. snowHead
snow report
@carled, another top tip if you havent bought your train tickets - take a look at flixbus, it departs from Salzburg train station to Radstadt, sometimes its compatible with flight times, and if it is, its €5. You will then need a taxi but you need one from the train. Happy days. Most of all - enjoy your trip. Ange (Mrs Flangesax). Very Happy
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@carled, no, just my Leap Year marriage proposal. Which you very charmingly turned down, on the grounds that Mrs Carled might have something to say on the subject.

Typical man - turned down the marriage proposal but suggested a threesome instead, eh? I'm glad to see it's not stayed with you for years or anything wink
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:
@carled, another top tip if you havent bought your train tickets - take a look at flixbus, it departs from Salzburg train station to Radstadt, sometimes its compatible with flight times, and if it is, its €5. You will then need a taxi but you need one from the train. Happy days. Most of all - enjoy your trip. Ange (Mrs Flangesax). Very Happy

Oohya. That could be a top tip indeed. Just had a look and there's a bus to Radstadt at 1pm and we're due to land at 11am. By the time we get luggage, get from airport to Bahnhof , grab a sandwich then we could be about spot on for that. Will investigate further, top work Mrs. Flangesax!
latest report
@carled,
Quote:

I'm glad to see it's not stayed with you for years or anything
It stayed with Pam too - she PMd me to remind me of it!
snow conditions
@carled, PS if you knew how old we both were - maybe you do - you would be utterly and completely horrified.

Skullie Toofy Grin (Pam)
Skullie Toofy Grin (me)
ski holidays
You call it age, I call it experience wink
ski holidays
carled wrote:
You call it age, I call it experience wink
Very Happy Ah, you're such a gent.
latest report
He's not lost his touch... wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy