Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help March Trip!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello guys,

looking for some help here if thats ok before my head bursts...

The whole story is normally we have a group of 4 or 6 guys that go on a trip once a year we have been getting in my view incredible deals in Whislter by booking early for the last three years we have got the Fairmont with Flights for around £1300 each time. Between one thing and another we never managed to get booked this year and our group has shrink to 3/4 (the 4th guy can come for part of the trip if its Europe).

Which leads me to where can we get decent accommodation in a high altitude snow sure big resort for 3/4 guys.

We are open to hotels or apartment but not these shoe box style we used to cram into in tignes.

Our budget is not a bottomless pit but theres cash there and flights to Geneva are at the moment coming in quite cheap.

Our dates are the 9/10th March for 7/8 nights... I thought we could have flew out on the Friday and stayed somewhere between the airport and resort giving us an extra day on the hill.

Resort must have good big long runs off piste not an issue i dont trust the European resorts enough so just wont bother and also some decent apres pub selection.

Only thing we are not that keen on is ski buses but they are not the end of the world i suppose.

Any help appreciated guys as always

snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl. High, snowsure, great apres, terrific lift system, no buses.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With that budget I would imagine you would get decent chalets half board with flights and transfers in Val d,sere, st anton,
(Try ski Val), zermatt, st anton, Val Thorens or Courchevel which provides most of the top end resorts. If you went to verbier or champ I’d might be affordable for your friend to decamp early.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 4-01-18 8:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val d'Isere. Perfect for your group.

In fact it's the week I'll be there!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are not really the catered chalet kind of group rather getting out and about if im honest...

St Anton looks really good struggling to find a hotel for 3 though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl - Ticks all the boxes.

Apartment Adler where our friends stayed is literally next to the one gondola and opposite the Kuhstahl - good apres bar. Noisy though as it is close to numerous apres bars, so if you’re aiming for early quiet nights, not the place to go or stay.

We stayed at Hotel Caroline which was also very convenient. A lift across the road takes you down to the travellator in the tunnel which takes you to the less busy gondola - Fimbabahn- in 5 mins. Door to ski-lift in 10 mins and we had zero queues.

Awesome lifts and skiing as well. Last runs get a little bit iffy for less experienced skiers.

Saalbach - also worthwhile looking at, not quite as high and runs not quite as long. Very nice circuits available though so you do see a lot of terrain. Apres is awesome as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy