Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy - Aosta - Pila - Crevacol 29th Dec 2017 - 7th Jan 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon,

My first review so will try and be as informative as possible

We flew from Gatwick to Turin, and then a one hour transfer to Aosta town to our hotel - the town is fairly industrial and quite large and not very pretty to the eye - however once you get to the center of town and the main square the buildings are quite old and pictures and the charm of the place is evident, the ruins and the Christmas market make quite an interesting walk

If your looking for nightlife - this isn’t the place for you. The bars are mainly wine bars and seem a bit pretenticious for my personal taste, however if you want to just drink wine and relax and eat pasta and pizza I cannnot recommend this place enough for you.

Onto Pila - the skiing conditions were good, however the wind closed a few of the lifts further up on numerous occasions - the gondola up is slow so take that into account when first going up! Queues were minimal at the bottom however once at the top the chair lifts are old and rickety and the queues were very large. If your looking to learn and don’t mind queuing then this would be an ok resort for beginners but if you are fairly experienced I wouldn’t recommend this for you - you would have done every run by the end of the afternoon. Overall I think the resort needs more investment to update there lifts, heated chairs or at least a wind guard on some of the chairs would make the experience more bearable, what with the queues for the lifts your practically freezing by the time you get to the top again !

Crevacol - I will be skiing here tomorrow so will edit post then
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the report -- good info
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ty - unfortunately they’ve closed the lifts at Crevacol today - too much rain/wind and low cloud. Will try again tomorrow
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IIRC, there's at least one fast quad at Pila serving a pretty decent vertical ?? It's a short ski down from the top station of the gondola.

I don't recall the gondola from Pila being slow either...Long yes - but modern and not slow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IIRC, there's at least one fast quad at Pila serving a pretty decent vertical ?? It's a short ski down from the top station of the gondola.

I don't recall the gondola from Pila being slow either...Long yes - but modern and not slow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

This was Pila today. It’s one of my top tips, if the instructors are wearing long coats then it’s going to be rough. It was raining and 3 deg at Pila. None of the top lifts were running but hopefully it was snowing hard up top.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:

Chamole. They tend to keep the Brit school groups off it so it can be fairly empty most of the time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nobsoc, can I ask why you’re going to Crevacol?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey, sorry @moseyp, about the delayed post - one of the family was competing in gs and slalom. Unfortunately one of the days was cancelled, the area was much quieter than pila so it was good in that respect, Unfortunately the snow conditions weren’t great - lots of cookies !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought so, it's an unusual place to go otherwise! Did you like it @nobsoc? For such a tiny spot it has some beautiful views and nice long runs
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes it has some lovely views ! Got a few snaps 🤓
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@moseyp, shush!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy