Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's raining

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ooohh if only it was a little bit colder - it is p'ing from the heavens and has been since yesterday - damp snow above 1200m - real snow above 1500m allegedly.

I dont want to look at the radar ............
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heavy slush falling out of the sky at the moment at 850m in the Tarentaise Valley...

... but the latest snowcam shows that most of the snow stuck, regardless, overnight, in alternating rain/sleet/snow.

http://MySnowSports.com/cam ... click on the Bourg Saint Maurice snowcam thumbnail.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it has been raining overnight in verbier at 1550m
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope this New York storm residue doesn't go to waste with the high temps that might be around...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, might be raining in BSM but it's snowing in La Rosiere and has been since 12 noon yesterday, what a difference an extra 1,000 metres makes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax, as of an hour ago...

and I don't ski in Bourg St Maurice, I ski 8 minutes away up to 3200m in Les Arcs

wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, 8am just over half way up. - same time picture yesterday snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Meteo France report 40cm of new snow (as of 6am this morning) at 3,000m in La Plagne, and it seems to be still snowing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG wrote:

and I don't ski in Bourg St Maurice, I ski 8 minutes away up to 3200m in Les Arcs

;-)

I said buying a house with a heli-pad would be handy!

Seriously what is the temperature where you are at the moment? A bit further south the zero isotherm got up to 2100 between 3-5am although it is a bit colder now there is not much new snow below 1700m which is not good although we have had 30cm at 2200m. Front doesn't seem to be making it very far south but that is nothing new, the other week in Grenoble I could see fresh snow down to 500m on the Vercors but turn north and nothing fell on the Chartreuse or Belledonne.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, That'a a lot more than I expected, but wonder how much has fallen at the base stations at around +1600m?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snow-forecast.com website has a technical problem, so now updates at the moment. So if anyone is in Les Arcs area that can provide an on the spot snow report?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On the Morzine webcam it looks really wet and lots of lifts not working today.

Hope it improves by the time I go!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Meteo France report 40cm of new snow (as of 6am this morning) at 3,000m in La Plagne, and it seems to be still snowing.

As of 11am, 50cm of new snow fallen in the last 24 hours at La Plagne (meteo station at 3,000m). GFS are currently forecasting a further 60-80cm over the next four days. Take care with the avalanche conditions.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, it was still snowing and settling down to 800m around 9.30am. I skied from Villaroger at 1200m today. To begin with around 10 it was snowing all the way down to 1200m, although the snow around 1200m was pretty heavy going, high water content. Hard work. By midday the snowline had moved steadily up to around 1400m, where the sleet was just about transforming into snow. By 1pm it was around 1500m, then it began to snow at lower altitude again, around 3pm just about snowing at 1200m. More or less the same conditions at the moment.

At altitude it was blowing a gale from the south-west (?) - most of the Arc 2000 basin was closed. We stayed amongst the trees, some fantastic powder skiing between 1600m and 2000m+ on the Villaroger side, no intruders from Arc 2000 either, they couldn't get across!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy