Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half day activities for experienced skiier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am going to Tignes in March with my wife who has never been skiing before. She is booked into half day ski school, and I am looking for something to do. Could anyone recommend me anywhere to do the following:

- Half day park lessons
- Half day off piste touring
- Half day off piste lessons

Any other alternative for someone with 10 years experience to do in a half day!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Evo 2 do almost everything, from diving below the ice in the lake, to Husky sledding, to being pulled on your skis by a pony round the lake (Skijoring), to Off Piste and Touring.

http://tignes.evolution2.com/en/activite/winter-activities/

http://tignes.evolution2.com/en/activite/ski/ski-touring/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Book someone to take you on the Tour De Charvet
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.tdcski.com will do any of those. Alpine Experience another option for the touring / offpiste.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Strongtea, You missed the best alternative --- 1/2 day Telemark Lesson. TDC or TelemarkTracks in Val can do a lesson. They, or Mountain Attitude in Lac have gear to rent.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think it’s Evo 2 that do a half day tour ‘ Toviere du Chevril ‘ which entails a hike from top of the Toviere , past the weather station (mickeys ears ) and a great off piste ski down to Le Lac . Then a Helicopter extraction back to Tignes .
Fantastic Guy called Kev used to run this , and Avi equipment provided if you need it . Highly recommended !!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the suggestions! I should clarify - my wife is doing half day ski school all week so I need something to do every day! I'll certainly check out some of the suggestions though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scarbski wrote:
Think it’s Evo 2 that do a half day tour ‘ Toviere du Chevril ‘ which entails a hike from top of the Toviere , past the weather station (mickeys ears ) and a great off piste ski down to Le Lac . Then a Helicopter extraction back to Tignes .
Fantastic Guy called Kev used to run this , and Avi equipment provided if you need it . Highly recommended !!

I've had the pleasure of skiing with Kev who firmly planted my love for freeriding. Amazing guy!
I've done the Evo2 half day group guiding and my ex at the time had some private lessons - would do it again in a heartbeat.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Strongtea, I would do off piste skiing rather than touring personally, touring tends to be a bit more than the half day if you want to do something worthwhile and still ski with your wife for the afternoon and meet her for lunch etc.
If you are doing a weeks off piste , having one of the days on skins may well be worthwhile . but you may find combining the whole week a bit of a stress on family dynamics.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Strongtea wrote:
I should clarify - my wife is doing half day ski school all week so I need something to do every day!

All of the above!

You realize you won’t get much proper skiing done with your wife the first few days, right? So do some skiing of your liking in the morning, be it off piste guided skiing or touring...

1/2 day of tour, you’ll be properly tired in the afternoon so you can ski slowly with your wife without getting too antsy.

A 1/2 day of park lesson, pratice the next 1/2 day etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dwarf tossing?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy