Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Business One Way for Luggage Both Ways - when does it end?

Poster: A snowHead
dp wrote:
@NickyJ, upgrade is £139 each way. So no saving to be had there.

You could buy a new ticket just now out of LGW 14/4/18 for £78 and get a £139 on the way back in club to LHR 21/4/18. Cheaper than the upgrade and not that much more expensive than the extra bag. Then all your boots in the lounge.

Anyway. I thought you did club? I remember being next to you last year. We both had cake and drinks. Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BAs continual dive to the bottom. The guy in charge will not be happy until he has got it on par with the budget airlines so what is the point of paying more for them? Weird, stupid and daft way of running a business. But then I did not set the bonus scheme for him - so guess that has something to do with the crazy decisions.

Luggage cost is one of the main reasons I don't buy some skis (not to mention the hassle lugging them about). I do keep lusting. Never had a bad set in resort and can change them as often as I want if conditions change.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GlasgowCyclops, I did consider (and kinda still am) doing exactly what you suggested... Club from LGW for £78 then upgrade my existing ticket to Club for the way back. My existing outbound is a no refunds sort of deal, so if I get £20 back from that it'll probably end up at £200 extra spending compared to £140 for just upgrading my bags. Obviously there's the lounge as well, but I've got 2 visits to the priority-pass lounges included on my amex. So it's a bit of a toss up.

I did fly club on the way back last year - and yes we did enjoy cake and drinks with you! Back in the days when you got your club luggage allowance both ways when flying just one way in club, I always did the return leg in Club (just on account of club flights out of Heathrow being much dearer than club flights into Heathrow). But now it's changed, it's not as obviously sweet a deal.

I think basically if I take the £200 club option, the only way to make it work is to get absolutely slaughtered both in the lounge and then on the flight as well. Pay for it in whiskey.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dp wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, I did consider (and kinda still am) doing exactly what you suggested... Club from LGW for £78 then upgrade my existing ticket to Club for the way back. My existing outbound is a no refunds sort of deal, so if I get £20 back from that it'll probably end up at £200 extra spending compared to £140 for just upgrading my bags.

Careful. If your existing ticket is a return then not using the outbound automatically cancels the inbound. Make sure it is a cancellable ticket while leaving the incoming available.

Also call BA and ask. Also watch they have a 0844 number lurking on there that is (as far as I'm aware illegal now) premium. Go to www.saynoto0870.com to get the 0800 numbers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
dp wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, I did consider (and kinda still am) doing exactly what you suggested... Club from LGW for £78 then upgrade my existing ticket to Club for the way back. My existing outbound is a no refunds sort of deal, so if I get £20 back from that it'll probably end up at £200 extra spending compared to £140 for just upgrading my bags.

Careful. If your existing ticket is a return then not using the outbound automatically cancels the inbound. Make sure it is a cancellable ticket while leaving the incoming available.

Also call BA and ask. Also watch they have a 0844 number lurking on there that is (as far as I'm aware illegal now) premium. Go to www.saynoto0870.com to get the 0800 numbers.

Another way to get around this, turn off your mobile caller id, and call the overseas only customer services number. Since the BA telephone systems can't work out where you are the let they call go through.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 3-01-18 18:06; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh yes good advice on both accounts - I forgot about yet more of their dirty tricks!

Honestly sometimes I think drug dealers offer you a more ethically balanced deal than British Airways
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Could we have a calendar widget to show everyone's flights and baggage allowance-sharing on here? If I'm travelling with the family we get 8x32kg in economy or 12x32kg in club and never come close to using it. I'd happily "share" my allowance by taking someone's skis. It would only really work for skis as you need to be able to check there's nothing nasty in a bag before checking it in, and ideally both be at checkin together.

I don't think I'm the only one who gets a ridiculous allowance... I recognise at least one name above from a well known frequent flyer website Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was going to suggest whether for bashes we could run a baggage share thread. I'm sure plenty of people are packing single ski bags which could easily be accommodated inside somebody else's double bag and between us we only pay the one bag.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jake43 wrote:
BAs continual dive to the bottom. The guy in charge will not be happy until he has got it on par with the budget airlines so what is the point of paying more for them? Weird, stupid and daft way of running a business. But then I did not set the bonus scheme for him - so guess that has something to do with the crazy decisions.

Luggage cost is one of the main reasons I don't buy some skis (not to mention the hassle lugging them about). I do keep lusting. Never had a bad set in resort and can change them as often as I want if conditions change.

Baggage isn’t an issue with the main airlines, BA, Lufthansa etc as you can take a ski bag as your checked luggage. It’s only if you are taking several sets of skis like the OP that there is an issue.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowdave, Who? Me? Happy

Unfortunately, I'm going on the Friday and go GLA-LHR-GVA with check through. Also, with non-status Catwoman so can't even guest in the lounge.

Who are you on FT?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Quiver killer for bindings allows bindings to be removed and skis easier packed.

Didnt know these existed! Must get some Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How much would a ski delivery service be? Might be worth considering if the resort you are going to is on the list.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BMG wrote:
How much would a ski delivery service be? Might be worth considering if the resort you are going to is on the list.

Have looked at this before when considering shipping stuff home... Won't be any cheaper!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dp wrote:
Dang. I wish I'd realised before booking my EOSB flights that extra bags out of Heathrow are more than going out of Gatwick. £70 each way for an extra bag isn't even taking the pish... it's straight up robbery. It cannot be justified in any way.

I did offer you my 177cm snowflakes, but you kept turning me down. Just think of all the weight you could have saved Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BMG, I am used to shipping my stuff around for work. It's never cheaper than excess baggage.
snow report
Does anyone know when the cutoff for pre-existing bookings - just checked and I've found I ended up booking a leg in Club for an upcoming weekender - not that fussed but could chuck in an extra pair of skis and not agonise about weight if I had 32kg piece.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, log on and check your booking - it will say your baggage allowance
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, if you booked the ticket before 17th October, you will be fine if after then only the 23kg allowance. As above, should also be stated in the Manage My Booking section
snow conditions
Ah looks like I booked a couple of weeks too late. Oh well will teach me to be quiver efficient.
ski holidays
yup 17th was cut off
article on head to points at the time
https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/10/18/british-airways-most-generous-allowance-baggage-policy-changes/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy