Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a luggage drop in Morzine?

Poster: A snowHead
Arriving in Morzine tomorrow lunchtime. Normally we would go skiing in the afternoon and leave our bags in the car until we can check in to our accommodation at 4pm. Unfortunately our designated driver and ski buddy has to go back to Geneva until Sunday so we need somewhere to leave our bags for the afternoon. Is there any where in Morzine like a left luggage centre where we could leave our bags securely for a few hours? Puzzled

Wasn't sure whether Piste was correct place for this but it's getting rather late and probably this forum is more widely read than most others - sorry Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What kind of accommodation are you checking in to? Most of them have a reception area which you can leave your bags for the afternoon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bum, Self catered apartment in an apartment building. I have asked the company we have booked with (Morzinelets) who also have links to the ridge hotel but they are not able to let us leave our bags either in the apartment or in the hotel due to cleaning apartment and hotel Sad

I wonder whether ski hire shop might be more accommodating?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
halfhand, what bum, suggests
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, not possible apparently
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand, that's odd, I've stayed with them twice and they've kept our bags for us on arrival and picked them up from the apartment on the last morning before we went skiing to give us an extra half day at each end of the week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, One issue seems to be that we are not using Morzinelets for transfer to and from GVA. One of our party lives in Geneva so we are transferrring ourselves. Technically therefore we are not eligable to have our luggage stored whilst we ski (am prepared to drop them a few euro - don't want it for free). We'll probably ask direct at the apartment or the ridge hotel when we get there. Was just trying to save a bit of stress and hassle.

The worst that can happen is that we stay in the pub all afternooon rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 15-11-12 19:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi halfhand,

did you sort out your luggage storage conundrum? I'm gonna have the same issues
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
differentshades, you might find that if you buy yourselves a nice lunch in a restaurant they would let you leave stuff for the afternoon - provided you don't have daft amounts. If you're out skiing, with all your bulky gear, you would presumably only have very modest amounts of other stuff to stash?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
speak to the owner of www.gravierski.com
Michel, such a nice man and a great business that really cares about his customers. he will give you a tour of the shop, workshop and his perfumed heated boot storage unit Happy .

I'm sure he would be able to do something for you. probably charge you a few euros but may not if you rent or get your skis serviced

call him up and speak to him. tell him you've been recommended by a customer of his.
make sure you call and not email, he is old school Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure what the etiquette is with old threads but I'm trying to find an answer to the same question...anyone know of luggage store options in Morzine?

Research has thrown up this: https://www.morznet.com/news/morzine-s-swimming-pool-opens-its-doors-for-left-luggage-morzine-693162 which would be ideal but seems to only be a Saturday.

Les Gets could equally be useful
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I emailed Morznet.com and they said:

Quote:

I am afraid that the information is no longer true. There are a couple of companies offering ski locker facilities in resort and you can always ask at your accommodation if they can keep your bags for you while you ski.

Helpfully, they didn't provide any information on these companies offering lockers. I've found http://www.morzinestorage.com. The website doesn't fill me with confidence. Has anyone used this?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes it’s owned by the people that run the Rhodos @nb14, legit but rubbish website
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the confirmation. It's not massively close to where I'm staying but I guess it will have to do!
ski holidays
I found a couple of options in the end

1. As above, Michel at gravier ski was kind enough to say we could store stuff in one of his lockers. He took a while to reply by e-mail and I guess would get fed up and won’t do it if lots of people asked.

2. The other ‘proper’ storage was ski-room.fr, only a couple hundred yards from the plenny lift by the looks of google. They seem somehow part of another ski hire shop (felixski from memory) but their website clearly shows lockers for hire daily and at 5-10 euro seems ok. We plan to use these, they said we didn’t need a booking and to just pay when we turn up.

Hope that’s useful
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy