Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wagrain - eqpt hire and food thoughts please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Off to Wagrain in a couple of weeks. I've never stayed here before so would appreciate a little info if possible. I promise to submit a trip report! (in my defence, I did do one for my short break last year)

I'll be hiring boots and skis. Is there anywhere that is particularly recommended (or not) ? It would be helpful if I could leave stuff overnight.

As for food, Any particularly noteworthy spots? I don't tend to go big on lunches, so on slope recommendations are less important than evening ones.

Thanks to all in advance,

d
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you staying in Wagrain? Its just that accomodation is spread between the main village, near the Grafenberg gondola or up in Kirchboden near the Flying Mozart gondola.

For evening food, we had good meals in the Almmonte next to Flying Mozart gondola. Also had good pizzas in one of the bars in the village centre, but cant remember the name (sorry)!!

For ski hire, we hired from hire shop below the aforementioned Almmonte restaurant/bar.

On mountain, found all the huts we tried, served good food at good prices. Particularly enjoyed Kogelalm and Wilderer Alm!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that.

I think I am pretty central in the town (so about 500m to each lift). I have had similar experiences with the huts in amade - all pretty decent and fairly priced.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second vote for the Kogelalm which now has a huge "smoker" outside for ribs and steaks. Plus the loos are on the same floor as you! If you get over to Alpendorf for lunch then try the Kreistenalm, which did a menu of the day for 13 Euros last season. Two courses starter or pudding and the main. Sundays is always Wiener Schnitzel and the portions keep my teenagers happy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rot Weiß Rot for ski hire in Wagrain. The owner was very good friends with Samerberg Sue on here and she arranged for us to get looked after.

Food wise the Wagrainerhaus at the bottom of the Topliner is excellent for lunch but we’ve not had a bad meal on the mountain. I fact the same goes for places to eat in town too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy