Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ratio of boarder to skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question for you stevomcd.
Do you think it would be worth someone with a couple of weeks experience, likes playing on freestyle stuff and in pow, booking an off piste day course. Am happy on blues and reds now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The sport has grown up and lost its spark - I grew up on a diet of Palmer, The Whiskey movies and CK - You had the F- YOU attitude and reckless partying contrasting to the style and precision of a rider like Kelly. Even the contests had an air of unpredictability and rebellion to them (Terje riding slalom switch for example). As a kid / teen you wanted to be like them, and to a certain extent it was possible to actually ride like them - digging a kicker and landing a 3 wasn't impossible, riding a box with a boardslide or nosepress just like the guys in the movies was all doable. You could ride all day and party at night, just like your heroes.
Fast forward to 2018 - Watching any comp (or TV coverage) is like watching a PS4 game. Its professional, its bland and its boring. Hell, watching the slopestyle from aspen on Eurosport last week probably 2/3 of the riders were all in black. with facemasks. No personality, just robotic spin-to-win machines. Yes, they are technically great riders, but if this is the image that Snowboarding is portraying to kids, they wont take it up as its completely alien to what they can achieve, and its not fun... Add this to the mentality that you can teach yourself to board (as a former instructor this is not something I'd advocate!) then you find them fed up that they keep falling / catching an edge / sinking in snow / side slipping down a run, and they pack it in.
I love snowboarding, and my kids want to be able to try both and see what works best. I'll be taking fat skis and a fat board away with me in 2 weeks, and enjoy the mountain whatever the conditions. Will it pick up again? I don't think it'll ever be as big as it was at the tail end of the 90's - The market has changed, resorts have changed and the buzz has gone. Is it still fun? Hell yes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
grahamt1980 wrote:
Question for you stevomcd.
Do you think it would be worth someone with a couple of weeks experience, likes playing on freestyle stuff and in pow, booking an off piste day course. Am happy on blues and reds now.

YES! always! i've done about 1000 days on the mountain and still take lessons (or coaching, for some reason people who can already ride prefer the word coaching!) every now and again!

slight edit...your not asking about lessons, your asking about an off piste course, again i'd say yes, but be very honest with the instructor about your ability level first Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I absolutely will be honest, I'm going to wait until the second half of the week anyway to see how i am riding.
As for lessons, have been doing coaching monthly at snozone on freestyle and other bits so i totally agree with you... Never stop learning
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@TheGingerPrince, I think every generation is different isn't it. I know my mum and dad used to talk about how things were "different" in a way that indicated they thought it was more fun. But I thought my generation was "the best" and out there. It's ever thus.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So a Czech snowboarder creams all the skiers ....... you just couldn't make it up ........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy