Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sharing a gondola with a pro and not recognising them...

Poster: A snowHead
Few years ago mrsthecramps shared a cable car with Kate Middleton as she was still then.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"Dude, I'm so much better than you"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sat in the Aspen in Tignes I thought I recognised someone. When he stood up with Bib No 1 on (it was the half pipe world cup qualis that morning) I then realised it was Kevin Rolland. Fair play he got through a full Aspen burger and a beer!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin,
Quote:

Arno wrote:
- turns out the American was the late Doug Coombes
Wow.... creeeeeepyyyy!

They just don't get it do they? NehNeh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shared a bus and lift with glen plake the other day, then the same day followed a mate for a run who i skateboard with in the summer who's a pro skier (sam favret) who left me for dead. I thought after about 1000 days on a snowboard i could ride fast but F*kme lol
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Small beer maybe but at last year's county swimming championships my younger daughter found herself in the swim-down pool alongside Georgia Coates, who swam in the Rio Olympics. The youngster thought it a bit too much to ask for an autograph but did put in a bit of a spurt to overtake her. Later in the day, Max Litchfield, 4th in his final at Rio held the door open for the youngster as she was leaving the arena.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gordyjh wrote:
@admin,
Quote:

Arno wrote:
- turns out the American was the late Doug Coombes
Wow.... creeeeeepyyyy!

They just don't get it do they? NehNeh

We do but we try not to encourage him.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sat next to The Edge from U2 enroute in BA Business to Geneva last year. Me to Chamonix and him presumably to his bank. We did not converse. Loved their music in the 80s/90s but since....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a gondola, but another confined space where people just look down and do not talk to each other:
Once in toilets at half time in the corridor between the players lounge and the Press Box at the Boleyn ground.
I bumped into a mature fella in a nice suit on the way in, and stood at the urinal next to a young lad with a broken leg.
I recognised Joe Cole straight away, but it was not until about 5 minutes later I realised the first chap was Geoff Hurst.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
...realised it was Kevin Rolland. Fair play he got through a full Aspen burger and a beer!

Did you give him the full 'Come on Eileen' treatment? He loves that wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cstreat, That's nice for you. Well done.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@musher, ...was last Christmas in my friend’s ski school office picking up a couple of DH frames, and had to negotiate one box round a very big guy standing in the doorway ... rather preoccupied, I glanced at him and then said ‘...sorry have we met?...’ he said ‘...nope...name’s Peter, you may of seen me on Dragon’s Den...’ Me: ‘... that’ll be it then....’
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i once shared a gondola with a pro. she wanted 20 euro to make me happy.

When the cup finals moved to Millenium Stadium, I used to get be steward sat in the dugout.
They are not dugouts at the millenium stadium, but part of the main seats - so my job was to keep fans away & get to watch cup finals for free
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah just remembered ...two years ago, in zero viz and horizontal snow, Ant and I were a bit chilly on the hill, and wanted a coffee, so we hauled over to Crans and stopped at Chez Irwin, the tiny cowshed cafe - we knew something was up when we saw the skis in the racks - all top end team WC GS and slalom skis - and then we remembered that it was the weekend of the Coup du Monde Femmes coming up. We opened the door to the usual fug of damp hot air, and the place was rammed, with Vonbot, Shiffrin, Gut, Fenniger all there. One turned to us and said 'no room'. How bloody rude....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used to work for a record company in the early eighties as a sale rep. Met a few of their artistes at conferences, at one conference gala dinner, I went to the toilets for a pee, as I walked in a Mr O Osbourne came out of a cubicle sniffing and wiping his nose.

Also when on the road doing my day to day job, the day before I was due to go on holiday we were promting a Nolans Sisters single which had just entered the charts. We were supposed to give 10 signed posters to each chart return dealer (the places that recorded their sales for the BBC charts) to give away with the first 10 copies sold of the single. In my excitement of going on holiday I forgot the instructions and only left one at each dealer, so at my last call of the week, to clear my car of as much stuff as possible, I gave all the 150 remaining posters to the owner. On returning from holiday I recieved a stearn bollocking from my boss, the dealer had reported my "unusual sales" activity to the chart compiling company, which resulted in the single being withdrawn from the charts and being their last chart entry single. Fast forward to last year, sitting in departures at Palma airport I noticed I was sitting next to Colleen Nolan, who was acting like she was wanting people to recognise her, I felt it best not to speak to her and tell her of my cock up from many moons ago😳
ski holidays
I beat Gazza at Snooker in my local.... (no joke)
latest report
One summer holiday a long, long time ago, was down with family friends in Dorchester and walked passed Charles Dance on Studland beach.
A few days later, while playing in their front garden, a car pulled up on the side of the road and asked if we knew where the golf club was. I went in to ask and family friend came out and told him. Turned out it was Tim Brook-Taylor and Richard O’Sullivan.
Dined off that story for YEARS!
latest report
I was waiting for the G.N.A.R "pro-callout". Chapeau, @cstreat,
latest report
I sat in a gondola with who I later found out was Charlie Bigpotatoes. He wouldn't stop banging on about his plums after calling out 'heli' Nick's 'prehistoric' TLTs.
ski holidays
Quote:

I sat in a gondola with who I later found out was Charlie Bigpotatoes. He wouldn't stop banging on about his plums after calling out 'heli' Nick's 'prehistoric' TLTs.

None of this makes any sense to me ???
latest report
Nom du plumes to save the innocent - one's a La Grave based exceedingly good guide/freerider (and boy doesn't he know it) and the other's... err... a thoroughly nice chap and a decent enough guide.
snow report
I had kate moss in the back seat of my car for an hour and a half one day. Then she said. How much is the fare taxi driver. 😘😘😘

Got pissed with wishbone ash for a couple of days. Met Ian Gillan as well that day. Saw Kelly from Girlschool doing a pish behind a tree in the afternoon. Yes I was backstage Happy

My uncle Gavin knew Clint Eastwood quite well.
snow report
My friend John was on holiday in the Seychelles staying in a very nice Hotel beach bungalow.
The next bungalow had several very obvious security people outside 24hrs a day.
John had two little boys who would often kick a football around with the security men.

One day, on their way back from the beach, a security guy said "our boss would like your family to come to his bungalow for tea"

"Who is he?" says John.

Nelson Mandela

"Can we go back to ours and get changed out of our swimmers?!"

They had a lovely couple of hours, Mandela played with the boys and their toy cars and several photos were taken too.
He explained that he was there on his own for R&R after a small operation and was rather bored...he just wanted some company and liked kids as they didn't know who he was and were just natural.

A couple of years later his daughter was reported to the Headmaster of her school for lying to the History teacher when he was giving a lesson about Mandela! "I know him! "No you don't" "Yes I do" "Don't you dare lie to me" etc
John had to take the photos in to school, and profuse apologies were offered Very Happy
ski holidays
rungsp wrote:
Nelson Mandela
We have the winner. Everyone else can go home now.
latest report
I had to take my Special AKA single back. False advertising.
snow report
@rob@rar, John can nearly beat himself in this game.
He once got stuck in a lift in NYC with Mohamed Ali and two of his security people.

Ali challenged him to a fight as they were all getting rather fed up (he was smiling and obviously joking...he was a frail man by then)
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
rungsp wrote:
Nelson Mandela
We have the winner. Everyone else can go home now.

+1
snow report
If it's a " celeb" contest. For some reason I was at a Polo match ( I know, one and only) and saw Charlotte Church squat and wee wee through her tights, before knocking someone off behind a portaloo. The story made the papers. Steve Collins ( Boxer) was also there, he was a good lad, up for some banter, and useless at Polo. As he said, "I can afford to play it and you can't. " Very true. Max Boyce was also there for the full Welsh celeb contingent.

Have treated many famous folks at work, but of course I can't say, but they are all very different to their TV persona, and I'd happily have a beer with all of them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wasn't on a chairlift, but in a Meribel bar at lunchtime a few years ago, Howard Marks.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 12-01-18 9:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Shared a lift with @admin, Once.

Was really disappointed to find out he wasn't the star off the Santander Advert Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://youtube.com/v/3tX0RUqrjMw
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, Laughing
ski holidays
@sequoiaboard, @PaulC1984, is that admin or notadmin? Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
Matrski wrote:
@sequoiaboard, @PaulC1984, is that admin or notadmin? Very Happy Toofy Grin

Bloody hell... I'd forgoten about that night. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Aww @PaulC1984, I'm flattered you think I look like Jess Ennis xx
snow report
@admin, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ski related..was in the Funival in Val D’Isere with Vanessa Mae a couple of years ago. She was in full racing kit and had her coach (probably just a ski instructor) with her.
The same year spotted Matthew Pinsent and Sir Steve Redgrave having lunch in La Triffolet.

Non ski related.. Tokyo April 2007. We were on a family holiday with friends. Our (very nice) hotel had messed up our booking for the final couple of nights, and so had to find rooms at the last minute. They put us all in 4 rooms on a corridor on the 19th floor. The only other rooms in use seemed to be occupied by large muscular blokes wearing black, who propped their doors open.

There was a suite opposite our bedroom door. Over the next 2 days we came to realise some sort of VIP was in residence...a singer. One morning we could hear someone really belting out bits of a song. We remarked that she did seem to have quite a powerful voice. Then the penny dropped. There were ads all over the papers-Beyoncé was in town. We propped our bedroom door open. She carried on singing. Mr P duly went and sat on the loo for his morning [ahem] ”ablutions”and was serenaded live by the aforementioned diva ... Cool
ski holidays
Perty wrote:
Ski related..was in the Funival in Val D’Isere with Vanessa Mae a couple of years ago.

I remember she was trying to qualify for the olympics or something
latest report
"I remember she was trying to qualify for the olympics or something"

Presumably trying to make various 'questionable arrangements' !.

Back to my original post, my point was more that we can all spot 'celebrities' anytime, but it's a little bit different when you get in a conversation with them without realising who they are and, in my case, rather embarrassingly suggest that a pro skier competing 24 hours later in a race is there "on vacation" and you garble on about piste conditions as though you're the pro and they're the beginner (Sara Hector wasn't sure about which where to get off the bubble we were in, and seemed a little 'lost', so I was trying to be helpful).

The story about Mark Webber is funny as the context is similar Very Happy
snow conditions
@pavel38, a very old friend of mine told a story of an even older colleague who went to an embassy bash, and got into conversation with someone who he was sure he had met before - not being entirely sure he used a standby question 'and how is your family?' at which point the other guest said 'well..my sister's still the Queen if that's what you're asking....'. It was Princess Margaret.
ski holidays
watch from 8:50

http://youtube.com/v/JEFl2paZUVo
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy