Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez in early March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are constrained to a week commencing 3rd or 4th March and have a few resorts in mind (we try and visit different places).
Last time out we went to Saalbach and I hadn't done my research such that is was very busy with Dutch, due to the school holidays.
We'd quite like to go to Alpe d'Huez, having had a few friends give good reviews (albeit these were pre Christmas trips). But I'm wondering how busy the resort would be in this week?
I can see that the school holiday link on the forum says French school holidays for zone B are at this time but not much else. Any help appreciated.
Otherwise looking for cruisey blues and not bothered about the night life.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think early March is normally the best time of year for Alpe d'Huez. In January the rocky higher slopes don't always have enough snow, February has peak season queues, and snow quality can suffer from late March onwards (lots of the area faces south).

But having re-read your post, if France zone B is still on holiday, it might still be busy. But someone else can advise better on that.

Also, personally I don't think it's the best resort for cruisey blues, although it's not bad.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, any views on how busy this would be?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will be the same level of busyness as a all French resorts so if you have to go that week ADH is as good as anywhere. If you are not doing the big runs off Pic Blanc I wouldn't expect you to encounter anything to do bad. Plenty of good cruising at Montfrais, Signal, Auris.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have been offered a good deal in vaujany for mid march, can someone tell me if the snow is usually decent at that altitude at that time of year, it only needs to be skiable
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The snow is usually pretty good in March (we`re off on the 31st March). This year it should be very good. March is my favourite time for skiing in the ADH area - though, of course, it can be a bit spring like.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kabooooooom wrote:
We are constrained to a week commencing 3rd or 4th March and have a few resorts in mind (we try and visit different places).
Last time out we went to Saalbach and I hadn't done my research such that is was very busy with Dutch, due to the school holidays.
We'd quite like to go to Alpe d'Huez, having had a few friends give good reviews (albeit these were pre Christmas trips). But I'm wondering how busy the resort would be in this week?
I can see that the school holiday link on the forum says French school holidays for zone B are at this time but not much else. Any help appreciated.
Otherwise looking for cruisey blues and not bothered about the night life.

It`s a big resort so it won`t be empty - but March is much quieter than New Year or the Feb half term.

Have you thought about Oz en Oisans ? Much nicer than ADH proper - much quieter and better access to the slopes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@compostcorner, for sure it will be skiable. I was out there first week in April 2017 after a poor season when it was warm and there was still plenty of skiing to be had.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jonty wrote:
Have you thought about Oz en Oisans ? Much nicer than ADH proper - much quieter and better access to the slopes.

That is where we always stay. Nothing particularly wrong with Vuajany from what I know just seems access as jonty says is excellent.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The biggest problem with ADH is the hideous architecture, not the liftlines.

It is one of the ugliest stations on Earth.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold wrote:
The biggest problem with ADH is the hideous architecture, not the liftlines.

It is one of the ugliest stations on Earth.

Well, most would agree that it wouldn`t win many beauty competitions but there are worse out there - I think Whitegold is being his usual hyperbolic self.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy