Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche risk 5 and few runs open - change resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
arrived in Tignes last night in hope of off piste. Not even piste seems possible with only 8 runs open and all green or blue.

La Plagne looks in much better state.

Reckon we should move to another Tarantaise resort? Suggestions welcome. Here to ski not drink.

Thanks!
snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 31-12-17 6:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim wrote:
Where are you?

Tignes (have edited origninal message to correct the autocorrect that made tignes into toughness Laughing )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Everywhere in the Tarantaise has had biblical amounts of snow and rain in the last 48 hours. It was not safe to open much anywhere (am in the 3v) yesterday, there being at least a foot of new snow at 1400m when we woke up, snow, then rain. The good off piste will be above around 2200m, as that was the 0 deg level yesterday where I guess the new snow depth will be well in excess of the 12 inches at our resort level. Any lifts that opened yesterday here were low down, and for what it’s worth, skiing yesterday was wet and unpleasant.
I am sure thing things will open up, but the avalanche risk is going to be the same wherever you are. Moving resort isn’t going to help you. It would be the same as moving your deckchair to the other side of the swimming pool. More snow forecast with colder temps.
Stay put, relax. See what happens.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.

La plagne at least has most pistes open tho. Tignes looks to be closed Wednesday and is just too step for this kind of snow to get stable quick.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 31-12-17 7:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pistes in La Plagne don't open until,09:00 the boards are updated around 08.45. I would imagine you have seen yesterday's or maybe the day before's.
Right now they are showing planned opening, they always plan to open everything but rarely do snowHead
Until each sector has been checked by the piste patrollers the pistes will be planned to be open.......or closed.
The live link is here http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=la-plagne&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en
From which you can see lifts and pistes being closed after being planned opening. The entire Glacier section is closed for the day. Do bear in mind that the list includes the cross country tracks, nursery areas, and pedestrian paths and lifts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks to me as though rather a lot of lifts and pistes are opn in Tignes or going to.

https://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=tignes&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en

As for off piste? Forget it unless you really know what you are doing. And even then, nah.

We’ve just had the biggest collective snowfall in around 20 years and then a massive warming with heavy rain up to pretty high. Weather, eh?

It’s a lovely day, the pistes will be excellent. Enjoy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wow, I mean just wow!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy