Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko Main Gondola queue today

Poster: A snowHead
For anyone not familiar with the resort, its a single gondola up to the mountain (or take a £20 taxi!)
Can see why they are so desperate for a 2nd gondola!

Queues to the left are for the Gondola
Queue to the right is for a lift ticket

and if you decide to take the taxi

roads are jammed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks worse in Val d'Isere

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow... worth ppinting out it was amazingly quiet in VdI last week? No? Sorry...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The cost of "cheap" skiing!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Christmas week in Bansko isn’t too bad. It is the new year weekend which is awful. We made the mistake of doing new year in bansko and hadn’t improved. February half term was also attrocious. Apparently March is great... however having both girls in school we can’t make use of them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Christmas week in Bansko isn’t too bad. It is the new year weekend which is awful. We made the mistake of doing new year in bansko and hadn’t improved. February half term was also attrocious. Apparently March is great... however having both girls in school we can’t make use of them.

March has been getting busier, as everyone is saying to go in March!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mind you, queues in Bansko at least look orderly, unlike Val. Bet it's a free for all there. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, it was quiet a couple of weeks ago too Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thecramps wrote:
Mind you, queues in Bansko at least look orderly, unlike Val. Bet it's a free for all there. Madeye-Smiley

Queue to get into building. Then its a free for all up the stairs & through the barrier
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
After 24 years of skiing in the school holidays (now, no more...) the photo of Val D'Isere queuing brings back such happy memories! Very Happy

Joking aside, however, Val D'Isere or the 3 Valleys were our New Year destinations of choice for years and we never experienced bad lift queues, which is why we were repeat visitors. Those areas seemed really well geared up for handling the crowds. Our last peak time trip was to Val Thorens for New Year 4 years ago and it wasn't too busy at all. Has it become noticeably busier in Val D in recent years? (As we never had to queue outside the funicular when we were there).

Of course things are a lot quieter now that we are not tied to school holidays. No complaints there! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pretty sure that we're looking at two queues in the Val' photo. Olympic gondola in the foreground and Solaise in the background. Probably a delayed start this morning due to Avi control?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been to Bansko last March. It was far from this catastrophe, but still it was long at 9 AM. You could access it equally from right and left, with a ski pass. About 15-20 min at most
I imagine this year will be longer - Bansko gets more popular worldwide due to its much lower prices compared to anything equivalent in the west. The taxi costs 20 UK pounds??? How many can fit inside, it looks like over an hour just to reach the gondola Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yet the bus queue is short & orderly - can't understand why anyone would choose to tackle the crush in that building - those stairs are horrific - when the bus is just outside & much more civilised.

I like bansko, some good people there, not sure I'd be going back though
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kittya wrote:
Yet the bus queue is short & orderly - can't understand why anyone would choose to tackle the crush in that building - those stairs are horrific - when the bus is just outside & much more civilised.

I like bansko, some good people there, not sure I'd be going back though

We found that the best way up when we were there and to do the resort staff credit the buses started well before the advertised times and the random assortment of vehicles being used (during half term) showed they were drafting in lots of extra vehicles to try and cope). However there is no getting away from the fact there are just too many people for the resort to cope with and then once you get up to the slopes those people are then on them. Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well I've been skiing today, and I queued for 5 mins for the first lift, then barely queued for any others.
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, nice Happy
ski holidays
@NickyJ, I know, I was pleasantly surprised.
ski holidays
drporat wrote:
The taxi costs 20 UK pounds??? How many can fit inside, it looks like over an hour just to reach the gondola Shocked
its 10lev each.
Car would take 4, but lots of minibuses around as well.
Benefit of a taxi is it takes about 20-15mins and hou can go straight to the higher slopes, rather than just the top of the main gondola.
Lift operator does like to run the gondolas dlow to make it look busier than it is. Add on not filling the gondolas (no single skier lines for example) then it plays into them crying for another station and expand the ski area.
snow report
I would imagine the Val d'Isère que was made worse due to the amount of avalanche control that was going on today all over the tarentaise.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy