Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guide for spending money for Courmayeur or generally

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've ended up here after searching on another forum which didn't have any guidance and I couldn't find any help on google either.

I'm looking for a kind of generic costs guide for ski resorts (besides just lift passes / ski hire) for things like food and drink so I can figure out a budget for spending money to take with us. For a bit of context we're a couple staying in a self catering apartment (don't mind cooking but will most likely have a few meals out - nothing fancy. Also maybe a drink or 2 after a day on the slopes but no crazy nights out).

Lift passes and equipment have all been paid for in advance with our booking so I'm not concerned with those costs.

If anyone could point me to a site they know of that has this kind of information that would be fab (I can't believe one doesn't exist when there's always information of this type about regular holidays). Equally anyone who has recent knowledge of the resort that could offer any guidance would also be appreciated.

Apologies if this topic has been covered before, I did do a search but couldn't see anything.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sjg666 wrote:
Hi

I've ended up here after searching on another forum which didn't have any guidance and I couldn't find any help on google either.

I'm looking for a kind of generic costs guide for ski resorts (besides just lift passes / ski hire) for things like food and drink so I can figure out a budget for spending money to take with us. For a bit of context we're a couple staying in a self catering apartment (don't mind cooking but will most likely have a few meals out - nothing fancy. Also maybe a drink or 2 after a day on the slopes but no crazy nights out).

Lift passes and equipment have all been paid for in advance with our booking so I'm not concerned with those costs.

If anyone could point me to a site they know of that has this kind of information that would be fab (I can't believe one doesn't exist when there's always information of this type about regular holidays). Equally anyone who has recent knowledge of the resort that could offer any guidance would also be appreciated.

Apologies if this topic has been covered before, I did do a search but couldn't see anything.

Try "Where to Ski & Snowboard"? It's a good place to meander round the streets with plenty of varied eateries and high end shops. Also handy for a trip to La Thuile.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 30-12-17 9:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sjg666, welcome to Snowheads.
Very cheap for the Alps on the hill. Coffee a euro, beer same as London. No reason why you need to spend more than you do at home eating in. There’s plenty of choice in Courmayeur for eating from cheap pizza to swanky restaurants.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The best way of saving money is the ski with a rucksack with bubbles and drinks, although Italy is generally very reasonable prices on the mountain compared to France. There's usually a mini market in every ski resort with reasonable prices for food and alcohol.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5 of us ate last night at the American bar on the Via Roma. Including several drinks and a 1/2 bottle of white wine, the lot came to 110 euros. Most bars in town will be charging 5-7 euros for beers & wine. If you want a good FREE buffet, visit Bar Roma on the Via Roma and just pay for your drinks. Usually put out about 6 pm. La Piazzeta also along there is very reasonable for Pizza & pasta and very friendly. On the mountain prices are not too bad. Way better than France. Pizza from 8 euro for simple to 15-18 with more toppings and very good value, big enough to share. Super G very expensive and pretentious. La Soleil just past it good value simple food, think sandwiches from 3.50 up. Hot dogs 5 and so on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ate at La Palud restaurant last Sunday... Pizzas bigger than the large plates they come on start at 8 Euros, a half litre picher of wine another 8 Euros. La Palud is just past the SkyWay lift by the Monte Bianco Tunnel, worth a trip out just to see if you can eat a whole pizza.
Otherwise +1 for Bar Roma, there's plenty of pizza establishments in the town itself, also of mention is the pizza place just by the Val Veny lift, quiet and cheap with typical pizza choice, including the all-white pizza "Monte Bianco".

On the mountain try the BBQ ribs at Zerrotta.........
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Courmayeur if very good value. If you go for apres drinks most bars put out a buffet. So you can have dinner for the cost of a few beers.
Other than that most food, drink, taxis etc are like UK prices.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy