Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hit my first Frenchie yesterday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
valais2 wrote:
@PeakyB, ...hmmm bit like this...

Older guy takes out my 4 year old, by skiing far too fast across an intersection. He falls, and my son lands after a somersault in the air, his back protector and helmet doing their job. We immediately attend to my son and then I spot the guy trying to make a quick exit. I simply take one of his skis and go back to my son. We find him fine but shocked, but it could have been far far worse. The guy appears shouting, and I explain that it is a legal requirement in CH to stop and to give details after an accident. Without warning he punches me full on the left side of the face. The pisteur in attendance draws a big breath. I laugh and say carry on like that and you'll wind up in jail. I finally get his details. Six months later I need an implant to replace the tooth the guy shattered. His details, were of course, a total load of crap, with no reality to them at all. Fitzwilliam.

So he didn't show a formal proof of identification, the pisteur didn't ask for this?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dp wrote:
I mean I can understand that if you can put more weight on the heel it'll pop them out. But surely once you take the weight off, they'll just pop back in?

I'll have to give it a try for myself Toofy Grin Puzzled

You have to do it just as the button kicks in!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DB, ....I gave the short version. The long version is a bit surreal. The guy was Dutch and understood English perfectly. I said 'can you give me your mobile number please?' - he says ' I don't have a mobile'. I laugh. His three friends (one clearly his wife) have by then arrived. I look at them and say 'I assume none of you have a mobile phone either'. They all say 'no....'. I say '...you are a bunch of comedians...get your 'fffff' phone out or I call the police, right now'. They all produce phones, including the bloke. He gives me a number. It doesn't have enough digits. I make this clear. I say 'give me a real number'. He gives the same rough set of digits and I say if I phone this will your phone ring? He says 'of course' - and of course it doesn't. I say 'right, I'm phoning the police' ... and start dialling, at which point he gives me a COMPLETELY different number, which I ring, and lo and behold his mobile rings. Pisteur, who we know, is happy with this. I get address in Netherlands. On return to UK, address turns out to be bogus and phone number no longer works. If my son had been injured seriously, which was a perfectly possible scenario, then we would have had no recourse. I learned a lot from this re how to get real details, take photos of the person etc. The implant cost over 2,000 gbp. An expensive and useless piece of physical aggression.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@valais2,
Not sure how long ago this was but the police should be able to follow up and trace that telephone number back to the owner at the time - it was an assault afterall.
Where were you skiing, which country & resort?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My experience is that I've come closer to taking out self entitled Brits rather than any other nationality*.

*ESF being an exception. I was taken out by an ESF instructor on an off piste traverse after he was coming too fast and ran over my ski tails as the route went around a rock, resulting in me falling backwards down the slope.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DB, ...quite a few years now. I toyed with following it up but the broken roots to the tooth were diagnosed about 9 months after the incident. The left side of my face reacted at the time - I was on piste machines that evening and Jean-Paul said ‘...what have you been doing?...’ and it was then that I realised the punch had done some damage. But it was only many months later that the dentist said ‘...all the roots on this tooth are broken...I can’t save it...’ and it thought that it would be very unlikely that I could get recourse in any way. The original incident happened in Switzerland, and the police there are rather uninterested in apparent squabbles between non-Swiss nationals, irrespective of the underlying justice or injustice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy