Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Pursuit 700/800, Dynastar speed zone 12 Ti, or...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, my new boots are Lange Freeride with a walk-to-ride (WTR) soles. I'm thinking about a piste ski for the hardpack / early season days - sub 75mm waist, 15m-ish radius - with WTR compatible binding. As far as my research tells me, that's a Look dual WTR or a multi-norm-compatible (MNC) binding.

I've only found the Rossignol Pursuit range that come with Look Konect dual WTR bindings. Probably the Pursuit 700 that has 1 layer of metal. The 800 with 2 layers of metal may be too much for me. Same for the Hero Elite Ti series. And I'd like to tackle some bumps if there's some around, which I think the 700 would be better for.

Other option is Dynastar Speed Zone 12 Ti which also comes with the Look Konect bindings.

Any opinions on the above?

None of the Salomon piste skis have their MNC bindings. Same with Atomic.

Other option is a piste ski without bindings or race place, and quiver killer my Beast 14 bindings on, but I presume that would just be bizzare (also given they have 105mm brakes, although they do tuck in nicely on the Beasts)?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy