Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sattel Hochstuckli day out less than 1 hour from Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Small resort with easy access form Zurich by car 47.078551, 8.635129 or train (Sattel Aegeri).

There is a gondola to the mid station at 1200 metres.
Its a great place for taking the kids for a ski lesson. (English speaking kids catered for)
There are only 3 "T bar" drag lifts once you get up there, but plenty to do for an afternoon out.
This weekend (Christmas 2017) you could ski right to the bottom, you can also rent a sledge for 8Chf if you dare and take that up and down beneath the gondola.

A day ticket costs 37chf for an adult (after 11am).. I'm over 60 so discount to 33chf, Ooops, you also get a refund of 5chf when you hand back your ticket (if you remember)
http://www.sattel-hochstuckli.ch/en/winter/preise/schneesport.php

You can rent skis and boots etc from just below the bottom gondola Station at "Tony Sport"

There are a couple of restaurants right by the middle station (by middle station I mean the top of the gondola).
Also at least one more on the Mountain.

Its also a great place for walking, with a really scary & wobbly (but well built) suspension bridge.

What more can I say?
I suppose its a ski hill for the locals, but I heard quite a smattering of English, American, Canadian and Australian spoken
We had a brilliant afternoon playing with our granddaughter who is 5 on Christmas Eve in bright sunshine while mum and dad went skiing.
We went back for a ski on Boxing day and the sun went in as soon as I treated myself to an expensive pair of ugly sunglasses.
Elodie had her first ski lesson, but she will be an Olympic Champion by the next time I ski with her.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy