Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to BSG Trains?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to GVA on the 6th March and intended on taking on the train to Bourg St Maurice, alas no train options are appearing on the Voyages SCNF website (even for early Jan as I know I might be a bit far out to get it booked..), yet Google Maps brings up options.

Anyone managed to book this yet or am I missing something as I'll be crossing the border..?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try searching on loco2 which is good for searching and buying train tickets across Europe, I was able to find options although they all seem to have quite short interchanges.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wipolar wrote:
Try searching on loco2 which is good for searching and buying train tickets across Europe, I was able to find options although they all seem to have quite short interchanges.

Nice one! Can get the tickets on there. 12 minutes with ski gear seems like it shall be tight!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
haigie wrote:
I'm heading to GVA on the 6th March and intended on taking on the train to Bourg St Maurice, alas no train options are appearing on the Voyages SCNF website (even for early Jan as I know I might be a bit far out to get it booked..), yet Google Maps brings up options.

Anyone managed to book this yet or am I missing something as I'll be crossing the border..?

You are missing something

1. GVA to Geneva, departures every 5/10 minutes. All trains pass through Cornavin. Leave 10 minutes to change platform and go through customs.
2. Geneva to Chambery, trains at: 9h49 arriving 11h19, 11h47 arriving 13h19, 14h50 arriving 16h18, 16h38 arriving 18h17, 18h38 arrving 20h18
3. Chambery to Bourg St Maurice departures at 11H31, 13h31, 16h31, 18h31, 20h31

all from the sncf website for the 6th March 2018.

I wouldn't rely on the SNCF getting to Chambery on time so wouldn't take the last train of the day. It is about 2 hours from Chambery to Bourg St Maurice by train.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
haigie wrote:

You are missing something

1. GVA to Geneva, departures every 5/10 minutes. All trains pass through Cornavin. Leave 10 minutes to change platform and go through customs.
2. Geneva to Chambery, trains at: 9h49 arriving 11h19, 11h47 arriving 13h19, 14h50 arriving 16h18, 16h38 arriving 18h17, 18h38 arrving 20h18
3. Chambery to Bourg St Maurice departures at 11H31, 13h31, 16h31, 18h31, 20h31

all from the sncf website for the 6th March 2018.

I wouldn't rely on the SNCF getting to Chambery on time so wouldn't take the last train of the day. It is about 2 hours from Chambery to Bourg St Maurice by train.

Nice one, cheers! Now considering Altibus for one way to Bourg ands then train back to Geneva, but the bus seems pricey.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Note: SNCF also suggests changing at Aix les Bains rather than Chambery for some trains which gives you a bit more flexibility. 42 euros one way on the train.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@haigie, might be worth check with one of a the usual package companies to see if they have a spare bus seat. I've done that with Thomson in the past, and only cost £20 each way.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m doing the same next Wednesday, gonna book through loco 2 I think after much googling. It’s a pain that the altibus is so expensive. Having said that I land at 13-30 so if I miss one transfer it will be an annoying wait but there will still be a later train.

Going back I managed to get a spare seat on a bus as suggested above- was doable on a Sunday!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@haigie, Try having a look on the www.oui.sncf website, the sncf.com site seems to divert to that when accessing it from France.
It's only 33 euros from Geneva Cornavin to Bourg St Maurice, you can pick up a free ticket to get you from Geneva airport to Cornavin when you go through arrivals at the airport.
The price shouldn't change much before the 6th March, our daughter just bought a ticket from Geneva to Moutiers and it was only 30 euros on the day.

Also I've heard what @ratkinsonuk, suggests is possible although less likely on a Tuesday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Given the current chaos, anyone know if the trains tend to be hit badly by the weather?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SkiG, Good question as the line near Moutier was hit by a big Avalanche 2 years ago so I suspect they will be ultra cautious, ....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy