Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

accessible ski destinations from Glasgow & Edinburgh airports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey fellows,
who live in Scotland. where you going for skiing, where would be easy to get from Scotland airports, and you can get cheap deals for 3-5 days vacation
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EasyJet do Munich from Edinburgh. Think they also do Geneva from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. Jet2 do a few places including Salzburg.
I go to Austria for every trip and often use the Tui flight from Edinburgh to Innsbruck.
Pretty sure you’ll get loads of choice from Geneva, eg morzine, chamonix etc. Mayrhofen a good shout from Munich.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LHC, we do the opposite, i.e. fly from Geneva to Scotland about 7-8 times a year.

Easy EDI-GVA I believe the best connection. MUC less frequent on a daily basis depending on month.

GLA- anywhere direct I think Sats or weekends only.

And be careful on timings, they are not always marvellous... for short trips anyway.

And as for where once you get to the airport check out j2ski.com, they have lists.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.skyscanner.net usually highlights for me where there are cheap direct flights from Scotland. Often though the cheapest are not direct are require a 24 hour flight via London, or Amsterdam. (although they are not ideal, they are often the only available flights at certain times)

What many people do not consider in their travel itinery, is the costs of getting to your local airport at the flight times required. You can often get a cheap flight, and transfer to a ski resort for £100-£200 from Scotland. However, for people who do not live close to the airports or in Edinburgh or Glasgow then getting to the airport at the times required for such cheap flights can cost in excess of the total flight and transfer cost. (or be extraordinarily inconvenient in terms of time taken and public transfer switch delays)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LHC, I do a few (4 or 5) weekends away each year , get the 17.50 easyJet from Edinburgh to Geneva, gets me into pub for last beer, ski Saturday Sunday and Monday morning flying back on 17.00.
Geneva gives you access to multiple resorts within 90 minuets drive
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LHC, the others have covered it. It has never exactly been a wide choice. Occasionally new ones crop up but never seem to last Confused

Also seem to be cursed with some crazy flight times. IE the Inghams return flight to Edinburgh from Innsbruck has a 4am resort departure which eliminates them as competition to Crystal completely for me.

As for alternatives I'd sooner drive to Newcastle or Manchester than have the Heathrow/Gatwick connection stress Mad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@robboj, the Tui flights to Innsbruck the last couple of years and gla Salzburg have been excellent - lunchtime flight on way out but leaves Austria early evening which means you can squeeze in a ski till 1 ish on the Saturday 😀
Doesn’t help the op right enough as they are not looking for sat to sat flights.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it's edi gva for me Clive. three flights a day on Saturdays, and I think at least two the other days. swiss rental cars all have winter tyres so no stress there and pds is less than two hours away. Get the 06.30 and you can be skiing that afternoon Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As above Edi- Geneva gives you tons of resort options and the flight prices are usually very good.
I've also used Edi-Milan for short trips, loads of choice in Aosta valley and accommodation there easy to come by and v good value- skiing also beautiful!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy