Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda and/or Dolomiti piste maps wanted.

Poster: A snowHead
Like it says above ? Anyone got piste maps cluttering up a drawer somewhere- I know you can get online maps but I like to pore over real maps.
Prefer Canazei area but happy for any .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Roguevfr, I have the following, they are a bit tatty.

4. Val Gardena
11. Alpe Lusia San Pellegrino
12. Civetta

Those are from the 16/17 season.

5. Val di Fassa

From the 15/16 season.

If they are of any use PM me with your address and I'll drop them in the post.

Chris. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NeddySkiGoon, cool that's great.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pity that Tabacco stopped their 1:50.000 skimap of the area.
I treasure my old one even if it is outdated now. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In fact it is on Tabacco' 2017 catalog as a special map.
Does anyone know weather there comes a new edition?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought this last year and it's fantastic.

Really recommend it if you love planning your routes, especially if like me you have a nervous wife and need to check out the grade of each slope to ensure I don't scare her to death Happy

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Sellaronda-Ski-Map-Val-Gardena-Alta-Badia-Arabba-Marmolada-Val-di-Fassa_9788883150951
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is an interactive 3d one online
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cameronphillips2000 wrote:

But you can't beat a paper map. snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know you said you didn't like on line...but:
http://www.opensnowmap.org/
or
https://skimap.org/

The first is very high quality and a great planning tool as you can get a cross sectional diagram of the piste slope profiles. It also has a route planning mode but I have not really sussed it out yet. The pistes are properly represented as to their actual shape and size, not just a squiggly line on the map.
The latter has some really nice photo based maps of Arabba which I think are a huge step forward from the horrible artists' impression type.

Like you, I prefer a paper map but technology does have some nice toys to play with. snowHead

You can print maps off from both of these resources. You could even print a map of your favourite piste onto a t-shirt.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 15-10-17 8:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PaulC1984 wrote:
I bought this last year and it's fantastic.

Really recommend it if you love planning your routes, especially if like me you have a nervous wife and need to check out the grade of each slope to ensure I don't scare her to death Happy

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Sellaronda-Ski-Map-Val-Gardena-Alta-Badia-Arabba-Marmolada-Val-di-Fassa_9788883150951

Thanks but that is only the Sella part 1:25.000. They used to have a1:50.000 on the backside. and that covered a much larger area.
Some years ago I asked Tabacco, but they replied they were using their efforts on digital maps.
IMO they make the best maps in the eastern Alps for summer as well.
I will try to ask them about it again.

I am old school and like printed maps.

If you go into the catalogue- on the last page you see special maps. There the 1:50.000 ski map is.
Valli Landine e .......".
If they do repint it it is a must for those old school boys going to the area.
http://www.tabaccoeditrice.it/eng/azienda.asp
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hyst, "... They used to have a1:50.000 on the backside...." this one ?

https://www.sportler.com/it/p/tabacco-carta-sciistica-valli-ladine-e-sellaronda-125.000-150.000-9851405?filtervariation_unit_1=1%3A25.000+%2F+1%3A50.000
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob,

Yes, thanks very much, but it might be the old 2. edition (the price is very cheap), I do have the old one (quite used and tapped together now).

Last time I asked Sportler - they told me it was out of print, when I ordered it.
And when i found some other web-shop they just send me the new smaller new Sella Ronda map even thought they had shown the o Valli Landine E Sella Ronda map. (that was some years ago).

If it is a new 2017 edition, updated with lifts an runs I will be most happy. Might just try to order an see what will happen.

Anyway its a great map if one goes that area. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NeddySkiGoon wrote:
cameronphillips2000 wrote:

But you can't beat a paper map. snowHead

Right Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The answer form Tabacco here:

Dear H,
the map VSCI2 Sellaronda e Valli Ladine is the same (edition 2014).
This is Sportler: https://www.sportler.com/it/p/tabacco-carta-sciistica-valli-ladine-e-sellaronda-125.000-150.000-9851405?filtervariation_unit_1=1%3A25.000+%2F+1%3A50.000
Stanfords http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Sellaronda-Ski-Map-Val-Gardena-Alta-Badia-Arabba-Marmolada-Val-di-Fassa_9788883150951 has the old map.
Kind regards.

Alessandro Specogna
Direzione commerciale
Casa Editrice Tabacco

So i guess the lift over Arabba, and "newer" Canazei - Arabba runs may not be on the map yet, but for going further away it is a great map. Be aware that The Standfords link is just the small 1:25.000, while the Sportler link is the 1:50.000 (with the 1:25.00 on the other side).
snowHead

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 23-10-17 20:00; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mcspreader wrote:
I know you said you didn't like on line...but:
http://www.opensnowmap.org/

Oh wow, that's brilliant. Many thanks.
latest report
That's a useful map to gauge the relative sizes of ski areas. The Sella Ronda compares favourably to the three Valleys and is a lot more extensive than Tignes Val d'isere.
ski holidays
Very nice. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@NeddySkiGoon Maps arrived today, many thanks.
ski holidays
That is because I am a big fan of topo maps that I made Opensnowmap.
Tell me if you find the print function handy.
Yves - Opensnowmap
snow conditions
@yvecai, Brilliant site - thanks for creating it. Worth a donation.... Smile
snow report
Thanks, ski pistes mapping in OpenStreetMap is the best donation you can give to Opensnowmap and everybody else !
ski holidays
Hyst wrote:
The answer form Tabacco here:

Dear H,
the map VSCI2 Sellaronda e Valli Ladine is the same (edition 2014).
This is Sportler: https://www.sportler.com/it/p/tabacco-carta-sciistica-valli-ladine-e-sellaronda-125.000-150.000-9851405?filtervariation_unit_1=1%3A25.000+%2F+1%3A50.000
Stanfords http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Sellaronda-Ski-Map-Val-Gardena-Alta-Badia-Arabba-Marmolada-Val-di-Fassa_9788883150951 has the old map.
Kind regards.

Alessandro Specogna
Direzione commerciale
Casa Editrice Tabacco

So i guess the lift over Arabba, and "newer" Canazei - Arabba runs may not be on the map yet, but for going further away it is a great map. Be aware that The Standfords link is just the small 1:25.000, while the Sportler link is the 1:50.000 (with the 1:25.00 on the other side).
snowHead

Today I got my Tabacco map Valli Landine E Sellaronda from Sportler, and as I suspected the new transport-lift from one side of Arabba to the other side is not on it. Neither is the new gondola from Alba up to Col Di Rosc.

But the 1:50.000 map reaches from the motorway in west to Cortina in east including the Civetta- and Pellegrino skiarea in south and Ortisei and Abbazia de Sct. Croce. And that is nice if you want to make longer trips. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I'm going to the Dolomites over Xmas, if you let me know which ones you are missing I'll try and grab them for you.
ski holidays
Where you headed? I'll be xmasing in arabba.
snow report
@JohnDory, hi, I'm happy to take any and all...
ski holidays
No probs at all. When I get my ski stuff out of the loft I'm sure they'll be some in there too. Essex, we're going to Alta Badia/Corvara area 23 Dec for a week. Usually do Selva at Xmas but fancy a change. Pm me if you fancy meeting up. We're a mid 40s couple, intermediate.
snow conditions
I've found a number 3 and a number 4 map. Would you like me to post them or wait until I grab you others when I go next week?
latest report
Hi JohnDory , I can wait...just. Have a great time . It's Canazei I'm going to, so prefer that side but delighted to take all and any . Drop me s line when you're back and I'll cover you for the postage. Cheers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No probs. I'll be in touch when I'm back.
snow report
Great. Have s superb time and make copious notes... Very Happy
ski holidays
Maps received from JohnDory, many thanks. Nightshift reading sorted.
Still open to any others .

Cheers, Rod
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy