Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva - Avoriaz transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

I've booked a last minute trip to Avoriaz and am trying to source a decent transfer service. Am a student and very much on budget. Will be travelling alone as I'll be meeting my friends in resort. They've booked easybus, but I've seen some awful reviews and don't think I should do the same.

Am staying behind the tourist office (not far from the ski school). I've seen bad reviews for alpybus too, and am leaning towards an economy or shared transfer with Ski-Lifts instead.

Any views/experiences with this company? Is it easy and/or cheap to get a taxi/sledge from the Prodains lift to accommodation?

Any insights would be much appreciated! Usually go the cushy private transfers with family to Morzine and this is my first time transferring alone and on my student budget!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many Chalets do their own transfers.
They have licensed and certified ( D1 / CPC / local regs) operators and vehicles.
Sometimes they have spare capacity, which they advertise on a forum called Valley ExPats.
They would need to know your flight details, but otherwise you could try a small independent like A2Ski.co.uk (Richard), or go with LiftyGonzRollingExpress.

Once in Avoriaz, if you get dropped at the top, its just a short walk (downhill) to the Tourist Office.
If you go in the Prodains Express then there are public elevators to get you up thru the town. ( Assuming you do not bring more than you can carry)
Otherwise a pony and trap is about a tenner.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've use Ski-Lifts for Geneva-Morzine twice a year for the past probably 10 years and never had any issues.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had no problems with Alpybus last week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have used powder cabs shared transfers as far as Les Gets many times and would highly recommend them, very reliable, tried a slightly cheaper alternative last year ( a few pounds in it each) and having then read the reviews was a nervous wreck and then despite them saying they would leave without us if we werent there we were over an hour and a half late leaving the Geneva airport. Didnt even shop around this year just went straight back to powder cabs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
no problems with Alpybus last year and will be booking them again this year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiidy Gonzales go to Morzine and I assume on to Avoriaz. Always reliable, been used by friends for the last 10 years without a single hiccup
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for skiidy- never been let down (or know of any friends / family who have been) in many trips over many years...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also Skiidy for me. Always use them and will be again on the 20th
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We couldn't get on a Skiddygonzales bus this year, they're booked out for our dates. Any views on Getaway Vans?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MikeM wrote:
Skiidy Gonzales go to Morzine and I assume on to Avoriaz. Always reliable, been used by friends for the last 10 years without a single hiccup

We used them this week and would recommend them snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy