Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc to Montalbert?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone! Merry Christmas.

I am just about to book a trip to Les Arc and I am having a bit of hassle. I keep wanting to book through crystal ski because it is just SO EASY and the hassle of doing it all separate is giving me a headache, but this is a discussion for another post.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows the FASTEST way to ski from Les Arc to Montalbert? How long does it take if I got the first lift of the day?

I am about to book for Les Arcs 2000 but I am worried it is so far away from La Plagne that I wont be able to explore the whole area. I want to be able to go all the way to the other side and back, even if it is just once.

Anyone with experience?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should be easily doable. The Les Arcs side is very quick (under 45 mins each way?), but a bit more of a faff on the La Plagne side (1 1/2 hours each way?).

I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you specific lift recommendations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sainter, Les Arcs 2000 to Montalbert is easily do-able in a morning, including coffee stop.
I'm sure others will be along to suggest suitable routes, but i think the fun of such a trip is working it out for yourself from piste-map.
My only suggestion is go one way and come back another - such as go via Becoin lift and Aime 2000, but return via Plagne 1800 and Melezes and Bergerie lifts.
Start early and you won't have to worry about any mistakes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied from lesarcs1950 to montalbert Belcote glacier back to Les arcs up aguille rouge glacier down to villlaroger and back 1 Saturday a few January's ago easily doable on a quite day with a bit of planning on what lifts fun but skied. On my own so never waiting for any body sorry about spelling Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sainter, great trip and as others have said, route finding is part of the fun snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This old thread may give you some ideas
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41171
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Myself and Mrs Ferg managed it no prob... have stayed in arc2000 and Montalbert... So have done it both ways so to speak!!!

Not nearly as clever to manage to roll off all the lifts one needs to take on here....

A piste map.. and ability to ask directions... crack on!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Sainter, did it today, and back in Les Arcs for lunch. From 2000, 1 lift , Bois de l'Ours, to Vanoise Express: 20 mins including lift, from our boot room in 1950. ( Bois starts at 9.15). A few lifts across la Plagne, 6 iirc :, Plan Bois, Bijolin, (then is it Replat? ) Colosses, Becoin, and Adrets. Job's a good un, you'll be there for 11.30 without breaking a sweat.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy