Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere/La Thuile Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Looking for some help and advice about an upcoming trip. I was hoping to ski from La Rosiere to La Thuile on the 26th December - current weather forecast conditions show winds of up to 20km/h on the highest ridge with light snowfall forecasted at the start of a storm.

i) Are the links likely to be shut due to the weather conditions?
ii) Is the lift pass office at the bottom of the Ecudets chair open?
iii) What's the quickest route from Ecudets to La Thuile? And how long will it take?

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i) Doubt that'll close the lifts. Been there when it was a lot windier than that and they didn't.
ii) I'd guess that if the lift is open then the pass office would be, though I've never used it.
iii) Ecudets, Roches Noires Exp, and Fort chairs then Bellcombe 1+2 buttons. Takes an hour I'd say. Wrap up warm for the 2 tows; they're long and in the shade in the morning so can be very cold. If you're not in a hurry you can turn left off the first button and into the StBernard valley and use the chairs from there instead of the second button.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. Links may be closed. They usually close both ways if too windy, because it’s easier to get to la Thuile than it is to get back!

2. Never seen it shut in season, unless the lift itself is shut, which is rare.

3. Up ecudets, drop down to base of roches noires and up.
Drop down to base of Fort and up.
Drop down to Bellecombe 1 (long drag) and up.
A choice here, fastest is up Bellecombe 2 drag, nicer (imv) is drop down to base of Fourclaz. Either will take you to the ridge above la Thuile. Perhaps 45/60 minutes to here, very much depends on lift queues. Don’t leave it too late to get back, it’s a long and expensive taxi home if you do.

The less obvious route back via piccolo San Bernardo might be less busy, but it’s a gamble.

DJ

Edit. nb slower typist than adithorp Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you all for your advice, I appreciate it a lot. Hopefully the skiing will go smoothly!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CodgerJr, May see you there as expecting /hoping to do the same trip tomorrow. (May depend on snowfall however, as stoopid car hire from Grenoble didn't gave winter tyres, and I don't fancy putting on the chains to get back to Les Arcs. )

Thanks to others for route advice though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy