Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help me understand alpe d'huez!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all and happy holidays. Can someone help me understand alpe d'huez from a lodging and accessibility perspective? I see there are 3 quatriers? Are any better than others, ones that are closer to the shops/ restaurants? I have also seen apartment rentals on bourg d'oisen, oz, and several other locations that seem far from town center? I don't plan on having a car so are these other places not worth considering.

We are a family of 3, 2 adults and a 14 year old. Skiing first and foremost, 2 are black and off piste capable, one an intermediate (blue/red). We are coming in during high feb season, so there are not too many places left to rent it seems. On that front, if anyone has a lead on rentals from feb 17th on. Much appreciated.

Last thing, are there guide she that will take me to la grave for a day from alpe d'huez, or is it too much for a day? Bucket list for me and it seems close. Thanks for any help and happy holidays.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will be someone along with better info on other areas but here some info. We have stayed ADH 3 times, each time in the vieiel alpe area (D6 on the map). This is a fairly quiet area with only a few restaurants and shops, enough to get by a few days self catering. From the tourist info centre F6 you can catch the lobster pots up to the next level (the main street with the pool and ice rink) for free. Here are more restaurants and shops and supermarket. Its actually only a short distance and we would always walk back from there as its downhill. You also use the same lobster pots in the mornings to take you to the rond point des for the start of skiing.

we used Bensbus from the airport the 1st visit, we told the driver the location and he dropped us at the basically at the door.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Redwine wrote:
Hi all and happy holidays. Can someone help me understand alpe d'huez from a lodging and accessibility perspective? I see there are 3 quatriers? Are any better than others, ones that are closer to the shops/ restaurants? I have also seen apartment rentals on bourg d'oisen, oz, and several other locations that seem far from town center? I don't plan on having a car so are these other places not worth considering.

We are a family of 3, 2 adults and a 14 year old. Skiing first and foremost, 2 are black and off piste capable, one an intermediate (blue/red). We are coming in during high feb season, so there are not too many places left to rent it seems. On that front, if anyone has a lead on rentals from feb 17th on. Much appreciated.

Last thing, are there guide she that will take me to la grave for a day from alpe d'huez, or is it too much for a day? Bucket list for me and it seems close. Thanks for any help and happy holidays.

Alpe d'Huez is quite an accessible resort as there is a ski run or two that go through the town center. You can be around 15 minutes walk from the slopes, at worst but there is lots of accommodation that is close to skiing. Did you study the piste map? You basically have Huez, the original village which is ski in / ski out but a bit down the mountain. There is the main alpe d'Huez village and les Bergers which is a more recent development with club med and some swanky chalets.

It will be rammed high season I'm afraid with some monster lift lines.

Bourg d'Oisans is charming but don't stay there as it is at the bottom of the valley with only bus access which takes around an hour, it will ruin your holiday.

Oz is a satellite resort. It is quiet and a bit in the shade with quite a difficult piste down at the end of the day. I wouldn't stay there either.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy