Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Waxing - what's the point? Whats the best brand?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I have written a blog on the fundamentals of waxing. I am keen to gather some more data from anyone who has been involved in wax tests?

Link to the blog - http://batterseaski.co.uk/why-should-i-wax-my-skis-the-science/

Dominator Wax has some good information which I have referenced, but I am keen to gather any more data from test scenarios. I have been using Data Wax (Glasgow based) for the past couple of seasons, but keen to hear any thoughts on what wax brands are working for people?

Happy Christmas!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Few if any of you will remotely care to bother knowing about Hertel. Funny, while the brand is too small a company to be a $$$ name sponsor such as Toko, Swix, Holmenkol........, therefore officially used by the US Ski Federation who are gunning for money as do others.............., it has and continues to be used by their techs for decades, however surreptitiously. They just do not admit it. As well, various other federation and individuals who go for wins, speed records, of which it has contributed over decades. Tons of wins, tons of medals. It IS a full temperature range product due to its proprietary chemistry that no other brand possesses. Tough. Fast. Simple. Who knew? "Less" IS more.............

https://www.hertelskiwax.com/Hertel-Super-Hot-Sauce-Ski-Wax-s/123.htm
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whatever the stuff that Jon sells at the Piste Office (I think its Dominator Zoom) is good. Also, I think it might be the only one you can re-iron one more time after it has completely cooled (a la a poor mans hotbox). 2 applications for the price of 1!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't post any useful data on it but I have always used Butta and my skis are always pretty slippery! It seems to be marketed as a snowboard wax but they're both made of the same stuff! It also smells really nice and looks after the polar bears.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@joeyg, glad to hear you're using Data. It's made by an old mate BASI trainer Ed Pirie.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dp wrote:
I can't post any useful data on it but I have always used Butta and my skis are always pretty slippery! It seems to be marketed as a snowboard wax but they're both made of the same stuff! It also smells really nice and looks after the polar bears.

@dp yes I seen those guys at the ski show. Their wax is super eco friendly from memory.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arcsinice wrote:
Few if any of you will remotely care to bother knowing about Hertel. Funny, while the brand is too small a company to be a $$$ name sponsor such as Toko, Swix, Holmenkol........, therefore officially used by the US Ski Federation who are gunning for money as do others.............., it has and continues to be used by their techs for decades, however surreptitiously. They just do not admit it. As well, various other federation and individuals who go for wins, speed records, of which it has contributed over decades. Tons of wins, tons of medals. It IS a full temperature range product due to its proprietary chemistry that no other brand possesses. Tough. Fast. Simple. Who knew? "Less" IS more.............

https://www.hertelskiwax.com/Hertel-Super-Hot-Sauce-Ski-Wax-s/123.htm

I use Hertal FC739. I grab it from Amazon US. Works out around $Au5 per snowboard per wax. It's brilliant and notice I can burn past people on the flat sections where they have to step out.

https://www.hertelskiwax.com/Hertel-Racing-FC-739-Ski-Wax-s/124.htm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy