Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort for single skier between Xmas and NY?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to some unexpected time off next week I'm fantasizing about a few days skiing.

Ignoring (for now) availability issues, I'm struggling to think of a resort I can practically get to. I will be on my own, which is likely to limit transfer options to driving. I'm not experienced at all in driving in wintry conditions (when you need winter tyres) - although I've driven to a few resorts before it has always been at points in the season where the roads have been clear.

Any suggestions of resorts which have either a relatively non-scary drive in (appreciate the conditions on the day can massively affect this), or are otherwise accessible independently?

I went to Sauze on the train+bus this year and it was fab, but there doesn't seem to be much open there yet this year.

I realize this might be an impossible ask at this time of year...

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@VodkaSorbet, where are you travelling from?

You might be able to get a flight and transfer for those dates, rather than driving yourself, especially if you feel apprehensive about the conditions
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Either London, East Anglia or Midlands.

I've never been able to find transfers for non-weekend travel days before (other than private ones which cost as much as the rest of the trip).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you fly to Geneva there are plenty of transfer bus companies which will get you to lots of the nearby resorts for 50 Euros return.
They run pretty much all the time to Chamonix.
mountaindropoffs, Cham express etc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The swiss trains are very efficient and will take you directly into some resorts, or with one change. For example you can get a flight to Basel, and a direct train to Klosters/Davos, and stay in a youth hostel for a few days. (single private rooms available at extra cost) Or Zermatt can be accessed with one change at Sion from Geneva (or even better get one of the new flights to Sion from London City airport) by taking the train. (as well as a change onto the furnicular at Tasch)

From Innsbruck you can get to many Austrian resorts from the central train station, which is only about a 2 mile taxi ride from the airport.

Unfortunately, getting the transfers to link in with cheap flights is not always easy as the cheapest flights tend to be when there are no transfers.

Obviously, going to somewhere like Chamonix or Brides les Bains, you can get one of the regular mini buses but again these are time restrictive to the flights you get.

Chamonix has a train station, and you can get a train there by changing at one or two stations. It is also relatively easy to access by car, as is St Anton which also has a train station which you could access from Zurich. St Gervais has a train station too.

Many options, but for such a short trip it would be more efficient to go with a weekend provider which would make it non-independent.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some great ideas thanks (even if not for this time I'll look into them for later in the year and the future).

I've never actually looked at flying to Geneva before as I'm normally starting or ending these short trips from my office which is too far from an airport which flies there, but it's a possibility this time.

Have looked at 'weekend' packages but none for the right dates.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What about somewhere like Pila, fly to Turin or Milan drive and park at Aosta and get the gondola up to the resort from there, motorway the whole way from Milan / Turin to Aosta.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Innsbruck and drive to Solden? The roads will be fairly straightforward especially as Austrian hire cars have winter tyres. Fly to Munich and drive or get train to Kitzbuhel? It's a low resort and you'd be pretty unlucky for the driving to be difficult.

Fly to Zurich and get the train to St.Anton or Wengen (two very different resorts!)

Friends have used Altibus from Geneva to get to Val d’Isere on weekdays.

Hope you get to go and have a brilliant time
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wengen is the one! As above Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try flying to Munich. Im in Zell am ziller at the .moment. I booked a car with expedia £95 for week it already has winter tyres. Drove 2 hours here. Guest house is €27 per night bnb. Im dropping car back at airport tomorrow then heading into Munich for xmas.
Snow is fab.
Accomodation might be your only problem as places are booked up or prefer a whole week.
Midweek transfers from Geneva are pretty easy to get there is a facebook page you can ask on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We just travelled Geneva to Morzine and back on weekdays for 56 euro return per person (with Alpybus). Only takes 1hr 20 minutes.

Get yourself on booking.com and see which hotels have room for your dates. Lots of flights daily from London to Geneva.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How many days do you want to go for?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy