Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting the most out of 3 days in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

we're a very mixed ability group looking to get the most out of a short stay at the end of January.

I've personally spent a reasonable amount of time in the PDS but mainly around Avoriaz and the Ardent Valley.

Is it worth spending some time in Les Gets and / or Mont Chery and is it easy enough to get over there from Morzine?

Also looking at lift pass prices, I see you can get local area passes for these areas separately. Would a day at Mont Chery, a day at Les Gets and a day in Avoriaz be a good way of doing it and are buses linked to lift passes or are they free for all? I'm trying to work out if it would be worth making the savings of buying a lift pass for each area each day or if we should just get the full PDS lift pass for 3 days for the convenience?

Any other tips / suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on the prevailing conditions. Definitely worth skiing if the snow is good to lower levels (as it is now). As for access it couldn;t be easier from Morzine, simply take the Pleney gondola and you're away. Not sure about the lift pass prices.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you were there for a week or at the ends of the season when snow quality can be variable then I'd say at least the more experienced skiers would want the fully PdS pass and spend 1-2 days in Morzine-Les Gets/the rest on the Avoriaz side. You're there in the middle of the season, so should be snow-safe and there's more than enough in the Morzine-Les Gets area to keep you amused. Yes, you will end up repeating runs in 3 days, but there's enough there that you won't feel you're just doing the same run over and over again.

If anyone does complain send them up Mont Chery and tell them to do Bouqouetin multiple times Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the ski area of morzine and les gets are essentially the same area, mont chery is across the main road in les gets. Certainly enough skiing for a mixed ability group to do 2 days in just Morzine/Les Gets (mont chery is part of les gets ski pass so you wouldn't need another), and then a day in avoriaz, and it should work out cheaper by a good bit than a full PDS pass. Logistics from Morzine couldn't be easier, and you can choose to take shanks mare from the end of the runs in LG to mont chery lift or take the little train that loops around LG (easier)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If there is an Ice hockey match on in Morzine one evening that's a good night out with a nice vibe and you can drink beer/wine while watching
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Really helpful, thanks all. Ice hockey sounds good, will definitely look into that.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also worth checking if the Dixie Micks are playing Dixie Bar while you're there - always a good night.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mjit wrote:
Also worth checking if the Dixie Micks are playing Dixie Bar while you're there - always a good night.

They are playing the 20th Jan through to the 3rd of February. As Mjit says well worth a visit!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Personally, if you've only got 3 days and you've previously spent most of your time around Avoriaz and the Ardent Valley, then maybe focus your time around Morzine and Let Gets this time. There's plenty of skiing that side, and with the base that's building up the likelihood is that conditions should be good even on the lower slopes. If you get 2 days in and feel like you've skiied the whole area then maybe pop over to the Avoriaz side.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Mjit wrote:

They are playing the 20th Jan through to the 3rd of February. As Mjit says well worth a visit!

bug - not out there till the 17th Feb.

Where did you find the dates - I could only find historic ones (and am back out there 7th April).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mjit wrote:
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Mjit wrote:

bug - not out there till the 17th Feb.

Where did you find the dates - I could only find historic ones (and am back out there 7th April).

Dont worry. You're in luck!

From their facebook page.....
Hi everyone, over the past few weeks we've had many enquires about our dates for this coming winter season in Morzine!! At the Dixie Bar, yes It's that time of the year again!!

So here are the dates for this coming season
2017-2018.

December 15-18th
January 20th- February 3rd
February 15th- February 28th

We will be back again in April but dates will be announced later.

Many thanks for all the kind messages and apologies for not replying to you all, looking forward to seeing friends new and old!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On the one had good news - they're in town when I am.
On the other hand bad news - I checked their Facebook page and managed to NOT find that Embarassed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mont Chery is one of my favourite places in the PDS. It's never busy and like your own private mountain.

If the snow is good, Mont Chery is always epic. Get the first lifts and put fresh tracks down all morning!

Have lunch at Grande Ourse too, but make sure you book with David first!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy