Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dinner!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
mmmmmmm.... my favourite time of the day (x2 cos' I'm a northern / southern xbreed - lunch n tea).

You can pay a lot or a little, but mostly my enjoyment comes from a combination of factors and the overall experience is what counts for me and apparently true for those Michelin reviewers.

One of my my best meals was during a last minute, half board, ski trip to Courmayeur. Fantastic food all week, but the stand out meal was a very special veal cutlet. One of my worst ever meals was in a starred restaurant on Walton st, again a veal cutlet. The ski trip was less than the dinner in London restaurant !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, thanks! I was hoping it was at VT so I could revisit it on the EoSB, ah well I shall just have to do with some ValBurgers (also one of the tastiest and cheapest I have had on th mountain) Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seconded for the VT burgers... find them just to the left when you get off the little caterpillar tunnel in the resort centre.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@andy, What is this awful fad of serving food on slate tiles? Nails on blackboards! Unfortunately the 'concept' has crept over here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Swissie

Quite ! http://wewantplates.com/

Some of them beggar belief!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Everything "deconstructed" was getting a bit annoying last year. Maybe that's gone out of fashion now?

Dinner comes on plates, not building construction materials.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The self service restaurants at the top of the main lifts in Tignes had dismal fare from a bain marie at high prices.
Fortunately at the PSB2017 I found a great restaurant just down the piste from Le Taos so I could have lunch with non-skiing mrsLechbob. Maybe I should have shared the information at the time but most were too busy skiing to spend 2 hours at lunch. Embarassed

As for dinner Le Taos did us proud this year. Here's the big cheese.

In contrast to the Tignes lift top restaurants, at Alleghe I had a fine lunch at the top of the main bubble despite them having a somewhat captive clientelle they made the effort to present top quality food at great value
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stayed in a catered chalet near Les arcs a few Christmas's ago. For our obligatory one meal out we went to the supposed best restaurant that my friends booked before we even got our there as it was supposed to be so popular. Cost us an arm and a leg to receive an inedible Tartiflette and my son's chicken that had been just waved near a light bulb and was totally undercooked.
In the chalet however our food had been cooked by an 18 year old student on a gap year and was all fantastic.
I'm sorry but I struggle to think of any meals I've ever had in France that I would be in the same league as the food we've been recently eating in Sweden.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy