Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should sports with style judges be in the Olympics?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Martin Bell, Very Happy - he's got a point (but I still say dressage isn't a sport, even by his criteria wink)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
winter olympics.. how fast can you go.. how far can you go.. how long can you do it for.. thats pretty much it..
nice set rules aver a very un nice set course. style is for the weekends trying to look good under the chair lift wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would imagne that problem with the Ice Skating judging is that is a very small world all the judges know the trainers and visa-versa. This leads to buggings turn marking ie you have to do your number of years on the circuit before you can be given good marks. This explains when a established person or pair has a diaster they still get good marks. If you were a onknown skater and preformed perfectly you would not win.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No; style judges should either disqualify a 'sport' such as ice prancing, or be done away with (humanely) in sports with a significant non-subjective element, such as ski jumping.

The question is not whether something is assessed subjectively but whether it is capable of objective assessment. A ref may make a mistake about whether something was or was not a foul, or whether or not a ball crossed a line, but these are objective questions. Which pair of big tarts looks prettiest cavorting about on an ice rink is not an objective question.

Any activity which requires participants to dress like 1970s eastern European working girls should be disqualified (ice dancing, this means you).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy