Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best slopes around Morzine for snowboarders?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello - any runs we shouldn’t miss as snowboarders in Morz/LG/Avoriaz? Wide cruisy blues/reds, side hits, tree runs off the sides (where we won’t get lost or stuck in a crevasse), cool bars halfway down?

And on the flip side anything we should avoid? Like any of the runs back to Morzine from Planey etc?

Can. Not. Wait for Dec 24th. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mt Cherry in Les Gets is fab.
Reds and Blacks but normally very quiet so not too chopped up.
Swiss side of the PdS is normally quieter than the French side (Over to Les Crossets)
Have a look in the Stash in Avoriaz for natural terrain jumps/boxes etc
Happy hours bar in Ardent on a Wednesday is a cool place to do Apres then get the free shuttle bus back to Morzine.
Or Tremplin at the base of Plenny slopes on a Wednesday for apres if you like drum and base.

Decent bars for late drinks, Tibetan & Cavern.
Microbrewery called The Bec Juane is good for beer and food
Mamma's has good noodles
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cruisy Blues:
--- Arare
--- Chavanette
--- Fornet
--- Grand Plan ( Lindarets)
--- Reine des Pres
--- Renardiere

Cruisy Reds:
--- Tannes
--- La Foileuse ( Morgins )
--- Les Combes ( Linga )
--- Melezes
--- Sautenailles
--- Tulipe
--- Arbis
--- Crot

Blues with Hits :
--- Combe a florets ( Star Wars )
--- Bleu du Lac
--- Prolays
--- Chaux Fleurie
--- L'Itineraire ( Linga )
--- Sanglier ( Torgon / Panthiaz)
--- Parchets ( Lindarets )

Free Ride / SnowCross:
--- Canyon Schott
--- Brochaux
--- Frontalier ( steepish to start with, but mellows out )
--- Crozats ( can be challenging )

Off Piste:
--- Under Rochassosns chair
--- Happy Valley
--- Under Cornebois Chair
--- Pt de l'Au bowl in Champoussin
--- Satellite (Lindarets)
--- To the left of Cubore piste (also avoids moguls)
--- To the right of the Chaux Fleurie chair ( as you go up)

Avoid:
--- Abricotine ( unless your board slides well, and you are prepared to "commit" a bit at the top )
--- Proclous
--- Serrasaix
--- Q'Monts
--- Pretty Much all of the Pleney
--- Chevrelles
--- The Chatel side of Chalet Neuf ( Torgon side is ok though )

Parks:
--- Arare : some gnarly hits and high rails, but also some smaller hits and tables to go at, each run you can mange 2 tables and 2 hits.
--- Stash : Busy, the main stretch has small hits, boxes, spines, picnic tables and wall rides, down the right there is a big rainbow and a gapped box. On the main bit you can do about 1 spine, 6 hits, 3 boxes, a table and 2 walls per run.
--- Smooth Park (Chatel) RHS small hits and boxes and rainbow for beginners, LHS bigger stuff for advanced riders. On 1 run you will do 4 hits and 4 boxes.
--- La Chapelle Park : Busy, but for all abilities, though the runs are short and targetted. eg 3 boxes, or 3 rails, or 3 hits.
The hits are graded from XS ( Green) S (Bleu) ... well you know the rest.
--- Mt Cherey: Small park with good views, boxes rails and hits for all abilities, you can do about 3 hits and 2 boxes per ride.
--- Les Crossets ( Happy Park) -- nice variety of boxes and hits, though rides are short and sweet ( 3 hits / boxes ) does not get too busy either.
I did not visit the Nyon park last year.

Boarder X:
--- Arare: This used to be the biggest and best, but last year it was made less steep and the park crew but boxes in it, so you get muppets stopping in the middle of boarder X. Also quite busy and people lacking safe distance etiquette.
--- Smooth Park: Not as long as Arare, but steeper, and narrower ( my Fave)
--- Braitiaz ( La Chapelle) -- no nonsense short with 3 woots and 3 bends - never busy.
--- Les Gets : short and dangerously full of slaloming children.

Airbag:
Either in La Chapelle or Arare Park ( Free in previous years )

There's some other nice stuff for boarders too up at St Jean Station, but that is only connected by bus not linked by lifts.
There's a load more places for skiers.
I would not claim to know the area like the back of my hand as you tend to go to your fave places ( and other secret spots not mentioned here) , but I have done about 500 days boarding round PdS and 400 days skiing, and I believe these to be best for boarding.

If you want a really good 3d pistemap with pan and zoom, and a little bit of info about each piste, then try here:
https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/valais/les-crosets/pistemap.html

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 14-12-17 12:38; edited 11 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The flat green back to super Morzine from Avoriaz is a PITA on a board, and I seem to remember a long traverse back from Les Gets that really made the calf burn if you were riding regular.
2nd Mt Cherry for a good day out, especially if there has been recent snow as its always deserted.
Bar Robinson for a half of Mutzig, Cavern bar on a Wednesday when the seasonaires have the night off.
Enjoy. I'm not jealous in the slightest.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What fantastic answers. Thanks everyone Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy