Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

oh god what have I done!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Off for a sneaky short trip with BiL and for some reason I've gone and purchased my first helmet, even worse it's one with an integrated Visor.

Somebody shoot me, please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As long as he gets a matching one you will look fine together!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ster, his is very unmatching to my new one, but he can ski wayyyy better than me so plenty of "mismatch seperation" out on the slopes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can rectify the situation by having a super high speed crash straight into a tree / rock / other hard object and splitting the helmet clean in half, thus being able to hold onto it as a war trophy (and tell the story of how you did it with an excess of poetic license) and also convince yourself that perhaps it was a good purchase after all.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doh!

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dp, @Mosha Marc, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But now with your new fighter pilot look you WILL be the best skier on the mountain.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ster, I already am.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ansta1 wrote:
Off for a sneaky short trip with BiL and for some reason I've gone and purchased my first helmet, even worse it's one with an integrated Visor.

Somebody shoot me, please?
My wife bought her first ski helmet in 2016, she has held out for many years but finally fell to peer pressure, so I foolishly made the mistake of promising to buy her whichever helmet she wanted... so she went for one of those HMR integrated helmets Shocked when I found out the cost I thought it came with its own fighter jet! Shocked

She suggested I get one as well, but decided to stick with my trusty old £5 ebay purchase for another year, but it is fraying around the edges so while I was in France earlier this year I bought a DIEZZ Joint 3 Helmet, it was a lot cheaper, but haven't skied in it yet. Its also a visor integrated helmet, but I'm worried its going to be too hot for me Embarassed going to bring my old tattered helmet along for my next three trips, just in case.

Anyone used a Diezz helmet?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Use the force Luke.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Red 5 standing by
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The gaper look is not complete without both forward & rearward helmet mounted GoPro's.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon wrote:
The gaper look is not complete without both forward & rearward helmet mounted GoPro's.

Check. Including selfie stick, ski mounts, spinner mounts, no matter how slow I go I can have it recorded.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Sack the Juggler, Depending on the model, the HMR and DIEZZ helmets appear to be the same price, starting around £150. Your tattered eBay purchase is probably well past its use by date in any case.

If you want expensive, introduce your good lady to Casco helmets http://casco-helme.de/en/winter.php#Skiehelme
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ansta1 wrote:

Come on now, what is this BS "for some reason". Admit it, you've been got at, the helmet debate has won another foe.
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

Come on now, what is this BS "for some reason". Admit it, you've been got at, the helmet debate has won another foe.

Getting old, peer pressure. Or maybe I just want to look faster.

Doubt I will /edit/not/edit/ get on with it and it will probably be destined for the ex ski stuff pile in the garage.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 13-12-17 15:54; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Just return the hideous piece of junk.
snow conditions
Hmmm...have to admit...I’m tempted.

https://www.glisshop.co.uk/helmet_w_visor/diezz/vikky_color_titanium_soft-107523.html

Or should I keep waiting for a Star Wars replica helmet n visor?
snow conditions
The big question though, with your fighter pilot style helmet, is... are you going to be Goose, Maverick or Iceman?
snow conditions
@dp, my ego has been writing cheques my body can't cash for the last 30 years, so I guess that makes me Maverick, though I think I'm more of a Goose personally.
snow report
Charliee wrote:
Just return the hideous piece of junk.

+1

Very Happy Laughing snowHead
latest report
Ah, it's lovely

Honest!
snow report
The upside is I won't have to look at myself.
snow report
PowderAdict wrote:
@Sack the Juggler, Depending on the model, the HMR and DIEZZ helmets appear to be the same price, starting around £150. Your tattered eBay purchase is probably well past its use by date in any case.

If you want expensive, introduce your good lady to Casco helmets http://casco-helme.de/en/winter.php#Skiehelme
Nah, the wife went for the top of the range HMR lid, and I went for a mid-priced Diezz helmet, mine was €180 and hers was more than double that (although I did manage to get a discount).
snow report
I'm astounded that people are spending £150+ on a lid.

<pun>You must have taken a bang to the head to be paying that.</pun>
latest report
it is a chunk of change for something disposable...
snow conditions
@Layne, Many are likewise astounded that people are spending £0 on a lid, each to their own.
ski holidays
This is the one I bought - looks nice, but I've got a feeling its going to be too hot for me, not enough vents! Sad

they don't deliver to the IOM, so I picked it up while I was in France for my goddaughters christening and it was the only one they had in my size, but it was discounted quite a bit.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine was only £69, so throw away, in fact I might just do that as a point of principal.
ski holidays
@ansta1, but not before you post a pic of you wearing it. snowHead
snow report
ALQ wrote:
@ansta1, but not before you post a pic of you wearing it. snowHead
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
ansta1 wrote:
Mine was only £69, so throw away, in fact I might just do that as a point of principal.

That money could have been used for women, booze or drugs. Now you've just wasted it.
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

That money could have been used for women, booze or drugs. Now you've just wasted it.

As you know, I'm married (despite pete summerskill ringing the alarm bells) with two daughters, so I've spent way more on women, booze and drugs.

Though I have been checking out ski bunnies availability for next week!!!!
latest report
ansta1 wrote:
As you know, I'm married (despite pete summerskill ringing the alarm bells)

You never did listen....

To be fair neither did I.... in the end...
snow report
Hey welcome to visor world, have been skiing with a visor for 2 seasons now and love it.
I would go as far as to say it can improve your skiing by removing a whole layer of goggles faffing around. Enjoy!!
ski holidays
@essex, i have never had goggle faffing as I wear a beanie and sunnies. Never hit my head, or been hit in the head. Still not sure why i've joined the darth side. Update will be provided after first session with it on Saturday.
snow conditions
@ansta1, if you do hit your head on the next trip can we take it as proof the lid wearers feel more protected and so ski with more abandon.
wink Laughing
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
@ansta1, if you do hit your head on the next trip can we take it as proof the lid wearers feel more protected and so ski with more abandon.
wink Laughing

I always love hearing this theory because it makes me marvel at how somebody might think that wearing a helmet will stop them from breaking their legs. Very Happy
snow report
There are plenty of people who will pay $150 just for goggles. And these faux goggle crash hats don't look too bad.
snow report
@Masque, +1
And more than £2 for ‘coffee’! WTF indeed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy