Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fritschi Freeride Mounting-is this acceptable?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, this is my first posting, so thanks for reading. I have just purchased some new skis. Rossi B2's with Fritschi Freeride bindings. On getting them home I have noticed that one binding is mounted approx 2mm back than the other and is ever so slighltly off centre.

I am no technical expert at all, will this difference be noticeable and have any effect or is there nothing to worry about? I have taken photos but can find no way of posting them on this site.

The skis were purchased from a highly rated independant outlet (which I will not mention for now) that sell plenty of back country kit and appear to know their stuff.

Any advice greatfully appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GEN, Get them sorted, take them back. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GEN, Take them back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't believe that 2mm makes much difference along the length of the ski
If they are mounted significantly off-centre width-ways (if you see what I mean) this is certainly grounds for returning to the shop so they sort it
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GEN, take em back get it sorted and if they won't then shop them on here....if they do fix the problem, which they should, they have admitted their mistake and deserve a mention for good customer service. a lot of places will try and fobb you off
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To all of you who read this post and replied, thanks for your time and info.

It does however look as though I couldn't see the wood for the trees. I just ski and pay little attention to such details usually. A friend who is of the slightly more technical persuasion has taken a detailed look and a good deal of measurements and it appears that the mounting is true. So to the highly recommended shop (that I am glad I didn't mention) a fully deserved apology.

It appears that the silver sections on the top sheet tof the B2's that mark the area for the bindings to be mounted are not straight (apologies if there is a technical name for these). Because of this, when you look at the bindings from one ski to another they look to be in totally different poitions, when in fact they are perectly true to the centre lines of the ski when measuered using a rule and square.

Once again thankyou all for your time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GEN, glad to here it, i have seen a few skis in the past were they put the graphic on squint, but if that is the only problem enjoy the skis Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy