Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada Spain 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone out there yet? They've had the main bowl runs open for a couple of weeks and it looks to be dumping it down at town level currently which is colder than forecast snowHead

I'll be out for a couple days before Christmas and will hopefully get another day or two in over the season.

The South of Spain doesn't tend to feature much on here but I know a few Snowheads head there.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would be interesting to hear as its on our radar as one to visit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some pics would be great if possible when you get there, thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will do!

In the meantime, the webcams might have to do.

http://sierranevada.es/es/webcams/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sunny and pretty empty today. Pistes were hard but mostly grippy and fast. About 60% open, lower down slopes in particular are still relying on snowmaking. Nice to get a tan!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am thinking of moseying up there in a couple of weeks when I am out on the Costa Tropical for January. Do they do any form of carte neige day insurance or should I just try and arrange some ski insurance before I go? The reason I say this is I am not on a ski trip but just intending to try the Sierra Nevada for the odd day when the weather is great. May be 3 or 4 days in the month and only from the reports of really busy weekends during the week.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few more runs open yesterday and plenty of lovely sun. It was a bit colder than Friday and the pistes were generally in even better condition.

@countryman, I don’t know about day insurance as I have annual allowing up to 30days skiing. I was worried about the crowds yesterday having also read the reports and what with it being a Christmas weekend however I snowboarded straight onto every lift without queuing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm looking at Spain as an option for the beginning of March so any info would be appreciated. What's the snow like at the moment? We are a group of 3 to 6 intermediate skiers, happy to do self catering or bnb. Used to skiing in the high French resorts so spoilt by convenient slope side accommodation and good snow but looking for a more authentic experience.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Although the snow right now isn't going to be a particularly useful input on the potential conditions in March, it's fair to say that much of Spain is suffering its own Snowmageddon at the moment. Conditions are very similar to much of the Alps, because it's the exact same weather fronts that are yoyo-ing across the continent. So, right now temperatures are fluctuating quite a lot, there are periods of heavy snowfall and periods of rain, and not all that much sunshine. Like the good old winters of old that we're always told about, I suppose!

In March there's not reason to thing that SN will be anything other than great. And of course, it has plenty of slopeside accommodation, in Pradollano. Try to get to Granada too, though, to make that particular ski trip unique... not many places can boast such a combination.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pyremaniac, Thanks for the info, I know you can't forecast 6 weeks away (!) but it is helpful to know if there is a good base. I did think a night or two in Granada would be a nice addition to a ski holiday, so will put that on my wish list, whilst looking for perfect accommodation:)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sierra Nevada did not see a single flake of snow in December 2017 and the lower trails have been suffering.

There has finally been some snow this week and things have recovered slightly.

It's been a bad season so far for SN.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Indeed. It looks like it's picking up now, though. Like I say, no reason whatsoever to be worrying about March conditions at the moment. SN has rather peculiar snowfall patterns, and there's not much value in applying conventional wisdom from the Alps or Pyrenees (or even Cantabrian coast) to it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Whitegold, f-off you lying troll. It snowed pretty heavily mid-December and the pistes were good when I was there just before Christmas.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ahh - completely opposing views, very helpful:) - haha!. I have checked snow-forecast.com and they show depths of 80/20cm with good upper pistes and low runs poor - is it all man made?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can't see @Whitegold's post?
ski holidays
@Dubmuffin, the lower runs open below mid station are mostly man made but not exclusively. Base station webcam shows buildings with snow on and plenty of white stuff.

http://sierranevada.es/es/webcams/

@franga, You've probably blocked Whitegold like many people on here have. I should do the same really
latest report
Aha, it worked!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy