Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter for £2000?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowymum wrote:
Layne wrote:
We drive overnight straight through. Hardcore b*stards. Extra 1.5/two days skiing softens the tiredness!

If you go at Christmas or Easter you can add an extra 2 days skiing without driving all night. Eg. Last year we booked accommodation in Les Arcs on the opening week and arrived on Friday - 8 days in accommodation for the price of 7. On the final Saturday we skied all day in a different resort and drove to Dijon for the night.

I don't want to take a Friday off work and give up a days wages. And that is assuming I could be sure the apartment was free on the Friday. Coming back is not an issue. We can stay over somewhere if we wish. We tend to do that if the Monday is a Bank Holiday. But if back at work/school on the Monday we would rather drive straight through and be home Sunday morning. Another factor is that driving in the day the roads are busier and it's also dead time. The kids are less bored/sleep driving at night. Me and the missus share the driving so get some sleep.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KennyEverett wrote:
I really don't understand the whole driving / self catering thing.

Flights can obtained for pocket money if you book them right and nobody will ever convince me that the "hassle" of airports and transfers is worse than being stuck in a car for god knows how many hours.

As for going on holiday to do all the cooking a cleaning yourself. . . . . is that even a holiday? We've booked for Xmas week, family of four, half board with a swimming pool for less than £2k all in (flights, accom, passes, ski carriage and hire). The bargains are out there if you have the bottle to wait for them.

As others have said what works for some doesn't work for others. There is no wrong or right way. All been discussed before but no harm doing so again.

In terms of flying v driving. Flying isn't as much fun as it used to be. In some ways driving isn't either. Though I'd argue that using the tunnel/toll roads is pretty quick and smooth and that cars are much improved comfort wise whereas planes have not. One thing I like is loading all the gear at one end and unloading them at the other. No transfer faff. Also taking ski gear and stuff for self catering is a lot easier. My kids have boards and skis plus sledges. And we can take our own linen and towels to safe the cost of hiring.

Cooking and cleaning isn't really the burden you might paint it. Requires a bit of thought and organisation. But you don't have to dress for dinner, can eat what you like, when you like. If you want to eat out, the option is there. And it's easier to deal with the kids.

I've done the flying + catered chalet a number of times when I was younger. It's OK, we got some good deals, it's nice to kick back of an evening and take what is coming. But it's a bit pot luck and I've many tails of dodgy food, punters, transfers that amusing as they give me encouragement to do our own thing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bergmeister, I used to live in Burnhope so understand totally
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne,
Quote:

But you don't have to dress for dinner,

I aways dress for dinner; the thought of dropping hot food into my lap doesn't bare (pun intended) thinking about, but as you say you don't have to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy