Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko with young children?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there, we have friends who have offered us their appartment in Bansko. I have young kids and wondered if anyone has knowledge of creche and childcare in Bansko? Also how are the ski schools there - especially when teaching young children? Any experiences or stories would be welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI keith Spent a week in Bansko with friends in January inc their 18 mth daughter and 5 year son.They were able to put him into Kindrgarten and if they'd have been slightly economical witht the truth and said he was six he could have gone to ski school. They were very impressed with quality of care and English of the staff. Dont know how young they would take them as babe is a mummys girl and stayed with her!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crookedjo, thankyou so much for your reply. Sounds like there is something that we can figure out then. Very much appreciated. How was the skiing there? Were you impressed with the resort?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wondered if anyone had anything further on Creches in Bansko? I have since been told it might be possible to use the creche facilities at the Kempinski, so I have emailed them and await a reply. Also it seems the Kandahar paartments might have childcare facilities onsite, but I can't seem to find much in the way of details? Does anyone know anything more about these options, or indeed any other options for childcare?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
keith904,
I have been to Bansko a few times but not taken the children yet for one reason - the roads. I would strongly recommend getting the best possible transfer company as the drivers are literally maniacs. It's no exaggeration to say that the first time we went were scared out of our wits by the driver we had.

Last time I went I used a company recommended by many local apartment owners called Balkan PMS they were great and I would use them if I go back with the kids.

Apart from that I'd say 'go for it'. The skiing was great and the tuition for adults was the best I've had anywhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="marmalade"]keith904,
I have been to Bansko a few times but not taken the children yet for one reason - the roads. I would strongly recommend getting the best possible transfer company as the drivers are literally maniacs. It's no exaggeration to say that the first time we went were scared out of our wits by the driver we had.

Sounds like you must of had the same driver as us mate i really thought we wers going to die on the way up there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think that this is the Bulgarian way to drive! We have a male Bulgarian au pair who has full Bulgarian driving licence, signed him up for a driving lesson in UK, pale looking instructor brought him back after 15 minutes. Needless to say we have not done any more lessons for the fellow: he is not driving my kids even if he passes a test in the country.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
keith904 wrote:
Hey there, we have friends who have offered us their appartment in Bansko. I have young kids and wondered if anyone has knowledge of creche and childcare in Bansko? Also how are the ski schools there - especially when teaching young children? Any experiences or stories would be welcome.
keith904,Hi I have skied in Bulgaria (Borovets) and don’t rate it at all. I am no prude but lap dancing bars and prostitutes don’t go hand in hand with a family holiday. I always visit Andorra at least once a season and stay at the Sport hotel, we always have a really good time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I am no prude but lap dancing bars and prostitutes don’t go hand in hand with a family holiday.

Hey, I'm no Bulgaria evangelist but I can honestly say the Bansko is nothing like that! Don't assume that Bansko is the same as Borovets - Andorra has a reputation for having a seedier side too but I'm sure all the resorts are not the same.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
keith904, Try googling Method Ski School - they are English and are connected to a well respected Creche that employs Britiish nannies. I understand that they may only take children aged 2 and over though.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marmalade, seedier side? not exactly whores and crack dens though! Seedier as in drunker? well yes i see your point*

* but only in Pas, Arinsal is lovely
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy