Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowmageddon, no, really this time...

Poster: A snowHead
If bored there are some 'interesting' comments following the statement above being put on Crystals facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pg/crystalski/posts/?ref=page_internal
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its a bit like the Bank Holiday traffic jams in the UK but with the addition of snow. Luckily it is warming up, so those coming up the mountain later should have an easier run.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Tarentaise Valley is particularly vulnerable to this though @rob@rar, mainly due to the huge popularity of 3v, Paradiski, Espace Killy, Ste Foy and of course.....la Rosiere. The transport numbers on a peak Saturday are staggering and it takes little to gridlock Moutiers.
Add into this a 3.5 hr coach journey and delays soon make drivers hours an issue
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Theres now standing traffic from Moutier to Albertville Shocked
http://www.ledauphine.com/actualite/2017/12/30/samedi-orange-sur-les-routes-des-alpes-vos-conditions-de-circulation-en-direct-neige-meteo-montagne-nouvel-an-hautes-alpes-isere-savoie-haute-savoie

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 30-12-17 15:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
Theres now standing traffic in both directions from Moutier to Albertville Shocked
www.dauphine.com

Once past Moutiers it should be ok going to Albertville.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
If bored there are some 'interesting' comments following the statement above being put on Crystals facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pg/crystalski/posts/?ref=page_internal

Some people! The comment that Becky Boote left really opened a can of worms when she complained about not getting any compensation when she was stuck in traffic a few years ago.
How dare it snow!! In the mountains, in winter, and.... on a snow sports holiday! Suck it up buttercup! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@no_snow_in_swindon, Yep some of the responses are lovely Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It always surprises me that the package companies don't seem to make their transfers earlier when they know loads of snow is forecast.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was good to see quite a few people slagging off Becky Boote for her daft comment although there seemed to be plenty who expect miracles AND compensation too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ChrisKernow wrote:
It always surprises me that the package companies don't seem to make their transfers earlier when they know loads of snow is forecast.
I’m pretty sure that some of them do, although I understand it can be difficult to contact all the punters and then half of them are outraged at having their holiday cut short.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Theres now standing traffic from Moutier to Albertville Shocked
http://www.ledauphine.com/actualite/2017/12/30/samedi-orange-sur-les-routes-des-alpes-vos-conditions-de-circulation-en-direct-neige-meteo-montagne-nouvel-an-hautes-alpes-isere-savoie-haute-savoie

Great link - should be fixed on the forum!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ChrisKernow, consider the logistics. Just not really practical at a universal level.

As in, out of many elements, the coaches doing the transfers aren't parked up all week waiting for Saturday. Etc.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hyst, Along with this link to convert it wink https://translate.google.com/?tl=bg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ChrisKernow wrote:

Which is what Crystal did last night, yet our numpty outfit SKIWORLD didn’t take there own advice and basically are now taking a punt on one bus load of people not making it down the hill in time so they can use their flights to get the last bus load that they made miss their departure. Comical doesn’t come close, and their airport staff are in meltdown. They are hedging bets with their customers but they’re going to loose lots from this **** up.
You operate a ski business be prepared for theeesther don’t expect your clients to sort it themselves
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@WellySki0009, Crystal are getting a right slagging on sowshul meeja
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
@Hyst, Along with this link to convert it wink https://translate.google.com/?tl=bg

👍
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@WellySki0009, Crystal are getting a right slagging on sowshul meeja

That be so but they did get some people down last night. Our operator is pants, I’ll post a full rundown when I’m not stuck in an airport.
snow report
Skiworld bussed us out early from Val d'Isere this morning. Now home and the 3.15 wake-up looking like a lucky break Shocked
snow conditions
It's a big tick in the box for resorts with rail access.
ski holidays
Been an interesting day..... transfer from Aime was severely delayed. Trains looked and option to Grenoble but that ended up delayed as well. I got to see all the cars jammed for miles on the roads. Train was going to Lyon and knowing I’d no chance of my flight home I’m now in Lyon airport going via the dam back to Leeds. £600 lighter but I’m sat with a beer and the airport is dead! Crazy crazy day
ski holidays
The Crystal Twitter feed is having lots of fun Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Updated statement from Crystal - looks like events are getting worse...... Still raining here btw..

latest report
Major mud slide reported between les gets/taninges/verchaix. Roads to all 3 places blocked and closed and will not reopen tonight. Sad
latest report
To be fair, the combi nation of massive overnight snow and heavy rain with huge traffic has presented major logistical problems. A job to see how operators could have surmounted them. People expect too much. I'm doing a Geneva transfer drive tomorrow. Flights on this particular Saturday are always a big gamble.
snow conditions
'Refugee centres' being prepared in Moutiers and Albertville.......
snow conditions
It was much easier the last few years with none of that nasty snowy stuff to contend with.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
Have you got a source on this?
latest report
My brother, trying to get to La Plagne has been threatened with a Sports hall in Chambery tonight.

Puts my hour wait to get through passport control at Munich and subsequent one and a half hour delay for a hire car to be ‘cleaned’ was nothing in comparison as safely installed in the Eastern Reich about to strap on cold beers
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
timlongs wrote:
chocksaway wrote:
Have you got a source on this?

Edit: Just seen this in the Dauphine live feed. Does anyone know the locations of these and how to get people into them?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
The Tarentaise Valley is particularly vulnerable to this though @rob@rar, mainly due to the huge popularity of 3v, Paradiski, Espace Killy, Ste Foy and of course.....la Rosiere. The transport numbers on a peak Saturday are staggering and it takes little to gridlock Moutiers.
Add into this a 3.5 hr coach journey and delays soon make drivers hours an issue
Indeed, and this particular Saturday is always vulnerable to delays, even without the heavy snow (now rain) that is falling. But that's not a French thing, that's volume of traffic. I drove around Munich on a Friday evening last month on my way to Austria and it was extremely slow moving - not a German thing, I'm sure, just Friday night rush hour traffic.
latest report
Apologies, purpose of my post was not to gloat but to see if any snowHead had any ideas what is going on? They are a party of 10 and have now booked themselves an hotel in, I think, Aix-les-bails but can’t find any taxis and the buses are all stuck.

Any info/ hints appreciated before the fraternal concern is evaporated by Austrian 🍺
snow report
@rob@rar, 30,000 vehicles expected in the Valley today. Not much they can do about it.

All it takes is a couple of crashes on the way up the mountains and you’ve got 55 miles of tailbacks.
snow report
Feel so sorry for families and others who have been looking forward to their holiday, saved hard and now have an uncomfortable night with frustration/anger etc which is human nature. In reality, not much that can be done other than grin and bear it and remember that the hassle will soon be forgotten when they are either up in the mountains on the great snow or home in a warm bed in next 24 hours. The TOs will get a right pasting and I'm sure there will be things they could have done a bit better, mostly around comms, but nothing will have fundamentally changed the outcome as mountains need snow every now and then and humans arent as well equipped to deal with traveling in snow as polar bears.
latest report
Gary Fat Fingers wrote:
@rob@rar, 30,000 vehicles expected in the Valley today. Not much they can do about it.

All it takes is a couple of crashes on the way up the mountains and you’ve got 55 miles of tailbacks.
That's right, this particular Saturday is always a challenge. I try to avoid it if possible, but once did get caught in a 3 hour delay getting to GVA in perfectly fine weather and good driving conditions. Fortunately our flight was delayed that day, so we just about caught it.
latest report
timlongs wrote:
Edit: Just seen this in the Dauphine live feed. Does anyone know the locations of these and how to get people into them?
This might help:

- Room René Cassin, Quai Des Allobroges, 73200 Albertville ==> 400 places
- Gymnase Gymnasium, Avenue Joseph Fontanet, 73200 Albertville ==> 100 places
- room of Pierre Du Roy, chemin de la Pierre Du Roy, 73200 Albertville ==> 600 places
If you need information telephone at 04 79 10 00 (Albertville City HallI think).
latest report
@Weathercam, we are indeed effectively cut off here. No skiing today Sad

[img]https://imgur.com/a/Tei8P[/img]

https://imgur.com/a/Tei8P

(or however you are meant to post photos)
snow report
@recz, where are you staying ?
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
timlongs wrote:
This might help:

- Room René Cassin, Quai Des Allobroges, 73200 Albertville ==> 400 places
- Gymnase Gymnasium, Avenue Joseph Fontanet, 73200 Albertville ==> 100 places
- room of Pierre Du Roy, chemin de la Pierre Du Roy, 73200 Albertville ==> 600 places
If you need information telephone at 04 79 10 00 (Albertville City HallI think).

Thanks Rob, trying to find similar info for Moutiers but the city hall aren't answering their phone! Don't you just love managing logistics on days like this!
snow conditions
3 reception centers have been opened:
Albertville 04 79 10 43 00
Moutiers: 04 48 84 06 50
Bourg st Maurice: 04 79 07 63 87

Access to the stations are open and clear but do not hesitate to postpone your arrival at the station in case of fatigue or damage.

5 Firefighter teams perform rounds on the roads, as well as The Red Cross which distributes water and survival blankets. Do not hesitate to call them or dial 18 for any need.

The main difficulties still in the news are in the Albertville and Moutiers sectors, mainly due to regulatory measures.
Access to the Belleville resorts is difficult, as is the area of Bourg St Maurice and the Gorges de l'Arly / Megève.

As far as possible do not take the road and delay your departure.

The secondary network is reserved for emergency services.

Be careful and courage to all!

Info for anyone who needs it for the emergency refuges.
snow report
Just love this quote from Twitter.

Quote:
@crystalski excellent job, to get us out of VT on an early transfer last night to avoid the storm, to a beautiful hotel with free meals and a 10 minute airport transfer. Shame about the moaning, self absorbed family on the coach, no pleasing some people.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy