Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grrr.. BBC Scheduling

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So there was me working hard in the office this arvo, get home 7:30 to settle down on the sofa and turn on the combined, to be greeting by Hazel closing down. Check the schedule and I then find the next coverage is some boys in tights twiddling around at 9pm.

Come on BEEB we don't all have interactive and some of want decent skiing coverage after 7:30pm.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, agreed, we certainly do have the technoloogy!! snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, tell me about it, they expect us all to be rich, have interactive and telepathically know when each event is on.
Pathetic!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Entire BBC schedule in 1 PDF.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try watching in wales, swiched on at 2pm yesterday to watch the mens combined and instead there is some usless welsh politics program. very angry!

dont suppose if anyone knows wether its possible to tune a digi box in wales to get propper English versions of bbc 1 and 2?

Would also be nice if the comentator on interactive would mention when sports are starting on the other channels (like they tend to do on BBC2 saying that something is now on interactive.) missed the womens mogals because i was watching the other channel and didnt realised it had started Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
By a skybox digibox and an activated free to view card (blue card with the yellow house on it) from Ebay (or wherever else you can find one) and point a dish at the right satelite and you can get all the BBC channels, plus others. We can do this in France so I'm sure it will work in Wales. Total outlay about £80-£120, no subscrition required.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the_fatadder, if it's a sky one, all the regional channels are on there somewhere just scroll through the channels.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
petel, not everyone can put a sky dish on the outside of their property -- I can't due to landlord restrictions. I can't get cable as NTL cant afford to run their bits of copper up my road, and I've got a communial aerial, so freeview is bolloxed.

So I'm stuck with terrestrial, and as such there's not much point investing in digiboxs etc, until the viewing is sorted...hence my original point and why I want to watch skiing/boarding in the 'evening roundup program' and not stone flinging

Did you see the mens bumps, on tuesday night - just the winning run with from the Aussie -

grrrrr......
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was ammazed that our dodgy aerial (hardly picks up welsh tele very well) is great on freeview. only problem is that its still pointing at the welsh transmitter and the landlord wont let us move it to point towards England.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whilst there are a few who may have prohibitions to a sat dish for most you can get the BBC i service for less than 50 notes.

Either a DTT box £30 from Tescos or a second hand Sky box plus dish from Ebay. BTW no need for a card for BBC and ITV now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, you can receive freeview on a communal aerial. just be sure that it's a hi-gain one pointed at a suitable transmitter. then stick a 27quid digibox on the lead at your end. My management committee couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel so I just got the local areal man in to change it and put a note through the other flat doors telling them the old one had 'broke' and they might need to re-tune their telly ... and if they wanted they could now get freeview.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in Turin last W/E , and I can tell you all that it is in some cases much better from the TV. The organisation of the events is APPALLING. No bus services, totally unwilling to help, rude and uninformed volunteers. It’s a total disgrace. I have lost 2 events because of the total lack of public transport and the deliberate misinformation by official members of the Olympic games.
As for the BBC coverage I believe that there are many more Olympic competitions than curling.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy