Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer: Val D'Isere to Grenoble

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm going on a UCPA weeklong trip to Val D'Isere Very Happy But the rest of my trip takes me to Grenoble the city.

I'm trying to find a public transport way to do that, and trying understand why it's nearly impossible. There are several shared transfer operators from Val D'Isere (Ben's Bus, Actibus, and whoever UCPA is using), but no one ever has a stop at any French train, TGV, or public transportation station? I mean, the route goes right through the cities of Chambery and Grenoble.

Conversely (and perversely), the Grenoble airport is not serviced by public transportation? The best I was able to find was an Actibus shuttle between GNB and Grenoble (gare routiere), which may be once a day and doesn't even have a schedule for January.

Private resort transfer is not an option as the prices are absolutely insane, especially for 1 traveler.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So are you trying to get from Grenoble or the airport to Val D'Isere?

If it's the airport Bens Bus run shuttles to Bourge Saint Maurice from where you can get a local bus.

From Grenoble Station there is a train every 2 hours or so, about 3 hours to Bourg St Marice.

There are several buses daily from the airport to Grenoble

DÉPART ARRIVÉE
22:45 23:30
21:00 21:45
19:05 19:50
17:15 18:00
15:25 16:10
13:35 14:20
11:35 12:20
09:45 10:30
07:30 08:15
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lets talk about Grenoble, its effectively a 2 day a week airport and most people are shifted by charter company buses. Ben's run a service to various resorts filling a gap for the independent traveller. As such they are not allowed to serve destinations between the resorts and the airport - it will be in their permit to operate. Oh and they don't go through Grenoble to get to the airport - that would be further (as well as meeting heavy traffic).

If you stick your itinerary in here:
http://www.mobisavoie.fr/jeton//index
there are many ways from Val - Grenoble by public transport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
binba wrote:
Hi,
ity.

I'm trying to find a public transport way to do that, and trying understand why it's nearly impossible.

It's France, that's just how things are

binba wrote:

There are several shared transfer operators from Val D'Isere (Ben's Bus, Actibus, and whoever UCPA is using), but no one ever has a stop at any French train, TGV, or public transportation station? I mean, the route goes right through the cities of Chambery and Grenoble.

Chambery station is relatively convenient for the autoroute. Grenoble is one big fat royal gypsy pita. The town has major traffic problems and I guess people avoid if possible.

From Val d'Isere to Grenoble, hmmm as the Irishman said, I wouldn't start from Val d'Isere but you can bus down to BSM then train to Chambery, then train to Grenoble. It will take a long time but it is doable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidof, Our stars seem to be aligned tonight.......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
apparently.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy