Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

singles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a single man (well my wife doesn't want to go skiing. I have seen expensive singles clubs on line....are there any organisations out there that operate on a non profit basis, or is there any way for me to join other people in my position?...I would like to go in the new yesr. I am a green and easy blue skier. I would need to hire all of the equipment. This would only be my third ski trip.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 'bashes' on here might suit you?

Or maybe you have seen this site? But in case you have not, seems reasonable value http://www.singlesport.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.hofnar.com/

Hofnar might be a shout?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely one of the bashes if the dates work.

UCPA/Action Outdoors is another option well set up for single travellers - though not one I recommend myself. Generally get a good write up, but I did one week, and really did not like it - I wouldn't do it again. Most people seem ok with it though, and it is not-for-profit, therefore reasonably cheap.

(For me - standards are too low, everything is too rigid for me, even accepting the generally low prices.)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A bash sounds like exactly what you want and very few regret it ( though their wallets may as they get sucked into more and more).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I find UCPA pretty good. Might not be to some peoples's tastes. Some of the lodges are pretty outdated if you compare to a chalet. They are slowly re-doing them from what I have seen. I have done it three years in a row due to friends not being able to ski at the same time. The age group tends to be between 25-40 with a good mix of all the age ranges. Usually lots of Swedes, who are fun and cheerful. Its much better than skiing on your own and the off piste weeks I have done have been great although the waiting time can be little slow if you get a couple of slow skiers in your group. Generally they bump people around so the levels are even to avoid this. I think last season I got unlucky - mostly due to lack of people to make up more groups as off piste was rubbish. Bunk beds with 4 per room and quite tight - but some have twin rooms. Food is good in my opinion (best to avoid french school holidays and food is better). Price is good, although has increased a fair bit over the last two years due to the pound being hopeless and french inflation. Looking to do it again this year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@petacarr@hotmail.com, welcome to snowHeads.

One quick thing...you may want to select a username as opposed to your email address.

Secondly....as has been mentioned, have a look at the various sH bashes. Perfect for making new skiing friends and having great fun snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done both the Birthday Bash (would have gone again but dates didn't work) and HOFNAR (many times) and either would fit the bill.

The total numbers on a Bash can be a little daunting but most people were happy for strays to join their group/not offended if you were ready early and decided to head out with another group. It wasn't a load of friends who did it together every year and some new people looking lost and alone!

With HOFNAR you're in a chalet with big, en-suite twin or triple rooms (no bunk beds) with 12 other randoms and that's always been enough for someone with the social skills of dried fruit like me to find someone to ski/drink with. Booking's easy, just email with dates and if free confirm and book your flights to Geneva.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look at the Pre Birthday Bash, 27 January-2 February, smaller numbers, so less daunting. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's the slippery slope to being talked in to doing both the PBB and the BB... Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Friendship holidays, run ski holidays for singles, we came across them and its not all single people there where quite a few who's spouses didn't ski
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Singlesport is for solo travellers not single people. Our holidays in Courchevel include ten hours tuition with excellent ski instruction. After the lesson there will be people at your level to ski with. In April we go to Club Med which includes lessons all day on 5 days at every level. Courchevel will never be cheap but Club Med is great value if you factor in the lift pass, lessons, lunches and no bar bill which are all covered in their package.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy