Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the yellow and black symbol on Marcel Hirscher's helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

I'm new here so a big HELLO to all. Smile

I'm new'ish to Alpine skiing so please go easy on me. Thx. Smile

I've been meaning to ask this for some time now. On the front of Marcel Hirscher's helmet is a Yellow square with a black X on it. I know it's not just an X. The whole thing is a symbol and one I've seen before but I can't remember what it represents. Something Austrian I guess but what?

Big congrats to him today too, a great comeback from injury.

So what's the symbol anyone?

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew. Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@everway9, welcome to snowHeads.

It's a drone target.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Raifeisen bank I think, remember seeing it in Austria
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Raifeissen...i bank with them and always shudder at the lovely premises i pay for
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@everway9, welcome aboard
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah ha. I was searching Austrian coats of arms, flags and other Austrian symbols. Didn't think to search Kirscher's sponsership.

Thanks for the superfast replies, appreciated. Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:

It's a drone target.

LOL. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brings me happy memories. Drove a former Raifeisen van from Vienna to Salzburg with rather a lot of wood in the back (probably more than you're meant to) and it wasn't the most stable machine before the wood went in. And only half the stereo worked. Happy memories of road trips through amazing scenery.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Raifeissen...i bank with them and always shudder at the lovely premises i pay for

Ha - same! The marketing definitely works though. When I moved here and need to open an account Raiffeisen was the first I thought of, principally 'cos as kids my sister a yellow ski helmet with Raifeissen logos and Herman Maier's signature on it Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:

It's a drone target.
Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raiffeisen Banking Group (Austria) .. There in every town Austria
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:

It used to amaze me that small villages in Austria have bank branches while banks are still closing branches in even moderate sized towns in the UK. But when you think about all the businesses in Austria (and Germany) who only accept cash, they must still have to do a daily bank run. Those banks in ski resorts must have ridiculous amounts of cash sitting in them come Monday evening.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hammerite, remember that banks here are also estate agents and a whole host of other things. The high street is still alive and well in Austria. Buying online is all well and good as long as you can get things delivered. Not so easy here as delivery services work office hours and often not Saturdays. Most shops shut at midday on Saturday and do not reopen until Monday. Some of the shopping centres have 'late night shopping' for Christmas which means closing at 7pm rather than 6pm. The UK 24-hour culture has not happened here.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@queen bodecia, yes I did think about the estate agent thing too. But think of all that cash!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:

It's a drone target.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very, very good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy