Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Rando Chiens - new meaning to the phrase "Dog Groomers"

Poster: A snowHead
Have had a cunning plan formulating in my mind the last couple of days as right in front of us they have been preparing a piste (90% artificial) coming back down into resort from one of the high lifts.

So as dogs are interdit on piste when they are open seemed like a good option to skin up today prior to them opening tomorrow.

I also chose just to go around 11:30 as was pretty sure piste bashers would not be operating as they all have to go to lunch and over recent seasons the piste bashers now seem to operate with a fixed cable, so they do tend to get a little health and safety conscious believe it or not when one is skinning up and last week in Montgenevre ski tourers were not allowed up one piste where they working.

The pistes were in pristine condition as it's so cold and have to say was almost as good as powder, but made very special by just me and the Rando Chiens being up there.

Hence "Dog Groomers" Smile

Will hopefully be more of the same for a few days next week when the resort is closed till the main opening on the 16th - tomorrow onwards is a long weekend opening to entice the Italians over as it's St Ambrose Festival (patron Saint of Milan).

http://youtube.com/v/uWRWp_glQdU
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great pictures as always snowHead your dogs are so good at posing for photos!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Weathercam, lovely pictures as usual. Nice skis too Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam, I bet they found it a tad easier than the powder in Abries a couple of days ago Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice pics! You’ll need to buy them snorkels for next week!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, I sincerely hope so!!!!
Mend well btw Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@KenX, increased pace today, blisters on both feet!

Just in the process of inserting needle into good skin and draining!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably coz I wasn't there holding OH up Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Absolutely love the dog pics. Had a JR years ago. Proper characters. Can also be horrible little baskets too. But I guess that's the charm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Thesixquidman, these two have all the positive attributes with none of the negatives! I bred Jacks years ago and the dad was a little fecker Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wouldn't change em though. Ours used to snarl and show his teeth even if you just stood up to go in the kitchen and make a brew. Laughing

Brilliant dogs. Been toying with the idea of getting the olduns one for too long. I'd want to meet the parents though, and the breeder.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam, It must be time for a 'rando chien cam' so we can get a doggies eye view (and critique your technique Twisted Evil ). There must be a go pro pooch mount somewhere!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chocksaway, it's about to happen but a birds eye view, and I suspect not something you'd approve of.
Except have had a few frustrating teething issues with the hardware, software and general user cock error rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Weathercam, if only you'd found a little model piste bashed and harness for them to pull it with..

Ha only kidding - love the photos, but the look on their faces on the picnic bench makes it for me.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Weathercam, I don't disapprove as long as its flown with common sense, away from all other life forms and not in a national park. In the hands of your average punter in a ski resort a drone is potentially lethal. As for the one flown outside my bedroom window by a visitor at the hotel next door I think the line "Who is the pervert with the drone" at 120 decibels transcended at least 10 languages. That was after I failed miserably to down it with a series of snowballs!
ski holidays
@chocksaway, I agree. Can't go into National Parks touring with dogs anyway. Just want some nice 15sec vista shots etc
I'm almost too embarrassed to get it out (the drone that is) when other people might be about!
ski holidays
oh wow, fab pics. I love your terriers, I have a special place in my heart for wire haired terriers. Be careful though I was told here on snowheads I was a complete fool for thinking it was ok to ski with dogs, rolling eyes . I think it has to be massive fun, and envy you the ability to bring yours out.
snow conditions
Thesixquidman wrote:
Absolutely love the dog pics. Had a JR years ago. Proper characters. Can also be horrible little baskets too. But I guess that's the charm.
So true. I have always had a JR, they are smarter than the average dog. Mine rule the roost, and when I had a JR and a Great Dane at the same time, the JR would bully the Dane so much. They hate piddling outside in wet weather too. So ya need to watch them like a hawk.
ski holidays
biddpyat wrote:
...... Be careful though I was told here on snowheads I was a complete fool for thinking it was ok to ski with dogs, rolling eyes .....

@biddpyat, probably from someone that does not even have a dog, or even ski Toofy Grin

Article we wrote a couple of years ago
snow report
Excellent article.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy