Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lessons Park City

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Off to Park City end Jan'18. Her who must be obeyed has decided we need to go back into ski school. Blush Not adverse to that but don't want to take part in a large group ski lesson again.

Does anyone have experience and suggestions of ski schools in Park City, and especially smaller organisations similar to TDC, i.e. taylor lessons.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steveee, Have been but not had lessons, but since PC and Canyons are now owned by Vail I would think they have a monopoly on the ski schools.

If you are planning on skiing other areas it might be better to check ski schools at those.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bones, We are staying around Park City. I noticed there was not a lot on offer and generally you are directed to the ski school run by the owners. That being said, they are probably excellent but we have been spoiled in Europe using TDC.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The last time I had a group lesson in The States (was on my own for a day and wanted company)....there were very few in the class. This was due to not many advanced skiers taking classes. If you are at this level, it may still be the case.

Sorry, can't be more help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You are directed to them because it is a resort monopoly. You also will not find lessons are that cheap - privates are eyewateringly expensive. Your best bet is probably to schedule group lessons for unpopular times and hope you are at an ability level where not a lot of people turn up. Instruction will be good quality even if, in common with a lot of US teaching a bit too much positive reinforcement rather than brutal honesty (you don't get tips for puncturing someone's ego). Oh yeah despite the eye watering price you pay for a lesson Vail Resorts expect you to actually pay the instructor a living wage through tips on top. Welcome to America
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As above, though I can confirm that PCMR pre-Vail Resorts (and every other resort I went to while working there) have a monopoly on the ski school front, and a tip is very welcome by the instructor - from memory there was a sliding pay scale based on quals, group or private, and numbers in group affecting pay... request privates scored good rates, groups with only 3 or 4 skiers not so good..!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, Your not joking about "not find lessons are the cheap" - I've been quoted £157pp per day! Shock
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy