Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Bulgaria (Borovets in particular) really that bad?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Must be a good thread then Laughing

Chappers, what you say is very similar to Tremblant in canada , the whole resort is man made and the prices are too rolling eyes but on the plus side your on the slopes ready to go in the morning without all the faffing about getting to them and in my book worth paying the extra.

Fur
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You say that Furbag, but from most of the accom. it is an uneasy walk to most of the lifts esp with kids. I can jump into my car, and be on the Yastrebets super quad in 16 mins with no walking what so ever. I know what Id rather do wink

People brag about location when really its accessibilty that counts. If you are more than 150m from your ski lifts, in accessiblity terms you might aswell be 10,000m away with paying alot less.

Remember for those who own a place out there, there are 8 other months of the year to think about aswell NehNeh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can only comment on Tremblant and certainly from our hotel room front door it was about 30paces to the gondala snowHead

So in my book thats bonus balls all round, It will be interesting to see what I think about this little venture to somewhere which involves a 15min walk ???

Fur
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The problem with driving to lifts, is when there are several of you sharing a car that may wish to start/return at different times. It's just not very convenient. On the other hand I also refuse to walk more than 100 m to the lifts either. I'm strictly a ski-in / ski-out type of guy Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I kinda like a 10 min walk to the lifts, wakes me up in a morning!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
uktrailmonster wrote:
The problem with driving to lifts, is when there are several of you sharing a car that may wish to start/return at different times. It's just not very convenient. On the other hand I also refuse to walk more than 100 m to the lifts either. I'm strictly a ski-in / ski-out type of guy Smile

Good point , as before when I was in tremblant it was so handy to be able to crash ( sometimes literally ) back to the hotel room for a 1hr respite and then get back out after some R&R and a beer.

Fur
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good points Guys Very Happy

Ski in ski out is obviously the best situation for a pure ski hol, but you pay for it.

Suppose it comes to down to horses for courses and all that Madeye-Smiley

As far as several people sharing the car goes, my car is shared with the wife and kids, so no hope of me going back at a different time wink

Enjoy the rest of the season NehNeh
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
no
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Going Back to bansko and the snow looks good snowHead Starting to get excited : snowHead snowHead sH:

I agree that Bansko is a bit spread out and most of the hotels are a good 10 minute walk but they all offer regular ski mini busses so not really a problem at all. And bearing in mind the price differential I'd give Bansko a big thumbs up for a budget ski break as long as you're aware why it is cheap. I mean we're going for a week in a 4 star hotel for £250 all in - can't be bad.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy